It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 01:18

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:02  
F1 Driver

dacer wrote:
formulaonemadman wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
I didn't saw a mistake from Hamilton :huh:

into that chicane going to fast(reason for his drive through) and just tapping heikki earlier

And he touch Kovalaynen rear, we see Ron Dennis face after it. Some laps after, Kovy let Hamilton overtake him. Nice Team Rules

Also he didn't let Massa overtake him while massa was first

Honestly u never understand what is a team ! Do you ? If he was intentionally holding Massa he would have been handed down a penalty ! That wasn't the case ... Hamilton was lighter than Kovalainen, so he let him pass through. As such Mclaren don't have any team rules as prescribed by ur friend Flag:##

Last edited by Sanredrose on 22 Jun 2008, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:03  

Apparently Ecclestone has given Magny Cours another reprieve to host next years race

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:05  
F1 Driver

phil1993 wrote:
Piquet is still only 17th = in the championship though, but it is a welcome confidence boost, especially beating Alonso (relatively) fair and square

Though it was a cheeky finish, i think he should be delighted and proud of what he did today. Holding the two Mclarens for about 14 - 18 laps per head and then cheeky pass to takeover the position from his team mate ... He was almost parallel off the racing line after the adelaide hair pin with Alonso, but i guess the speed which he had carried off the pass made sure that he was ahead of Alonso.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:06  
F1 Driver

phil1993 wrote:
Apparently Ecclestone has given Magny Cours another reprieve to host next years race

Probably France is also like Britain .. They talk about taking off the GP calendar but then finally gives them yet another chance. May be its a part of French GP PR ..
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:08  

Kimi had the race in his hands, but it turned out to be damage limitation to him. He was definitely the fastest here today and made his 5th fastest lap in a row which is the second-best streak ever in that area (only Ascari has done better, 7 or so).

Trulli had also been fantastic and blocked Kovalainen nicely in the end. BMW looked quite hopeless. It's not promising for them as this means that the likes of Toyota are good in normal race tracks and BMW's advantage lies in tracks like Monaco and Canada.

Also Piquet finally got his first points and beat Alonso too! What a confidence boost for him. He blocked Hamilton well at the early phase. Probably the first good race from Piquet with no mistakes.

Massa the first Brazilian championship leader since Senna. Congrats to him. :nosweat:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:10  
F1 Driver

Well, I'm glad for him. It's good that he was able to take advantage of Alonso's mistake.

But seriously Renault, a 28 lap stint on soft tyres? Wtf!!? No wonder Alonso was all over the place in the last 5 laps.

Hamilton didn't make any massive mistakes, but overdrove: hit Kovy, coudln't pass Piquet and locked up thrice, tapping Alonso, taking Vettel and not giving it back as a precaution. (Would he have kept that place if he had slowed enough and turned enough to stay on track.. - No).

Trulli was immense, enough said.

Webber and Kubica, even on bad days are still in the points. 5th is Kubica's worst since Australia! Amazing!

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:13  
F1 Driver

AzShadow wrote:
Kimi had the race in his hands, but it turned out to be damage limitation to him. He was definitely the fastest here today and made his 5th fastest lap in a row which is the second-best streak ever in that area (only Ascari has done better, 7 or so).

Trulli had also been fantastic and blocked Kovalainen nicely in the end. BMW looked quite hopeless. It's not promising for them as this means that the likes of Toyota are good in normal race tracks and BMW's advantage lies in tracks like Monaco and Canada.

Also Piquet finally got his first points and beat Alonso too! What a confidence boost for him. He blocked Hamilton well at the early phase. Probably the first good race from Piquet with no mistakes.

Massa the first Brazilian championship leader since Senna. Congrats to him. :nosweat:

BMW are black cats .. You can never estimate them. Look at them in Qualifying, they come out with less than 5 mins to go and slash an incisive lap to take them to next part. Probably at France they looked bad ... the track nature is not suited for passing people here and there. So can't really put them down. In this sort of a track its no wonder that Trulli held on to the 3rd place. But i wonder how BMW blundered in pit stops ? leaving Kubica behind Heikki. Around 30 laps or so i was sure that Kubica would pass Trulli for the last podium place .. But it turned out otherwise !
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:15  
F1 Rookie

the engine of kimi was its first race or second ???? becuase its dead by now when stop the car

by the way good race for massa

bad luck for kimi

an excelent race for truli :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:21  
F1 Driver

lealjaime wrote:
the engine of kimi was its first race or second ???? becuase its dead by now when stop the car

Both Ferrari had fresh engines.

Driver Engine Gearbox
Kimi Raikkonen E1 Opt G3
Felipe Massa E1 G3
Nick Heidfeld E2 G4
Robert Kubica E1 G4
Fernando Alonso Opt E2 Opt G4
Nelson Piquet E1 G1
Nico Rosberg E2 G2
Kazuki Nakajima Opt E2 Opt G4
David Coulthard E2 G2
Mark Webber E2 G4
Jarno Trulli E1 G3
Timo Glock E1 G2
Sebastien Bourdais E1 G2
Sebastian Vettel E1 G2
Jenson Button E2 G2
Rubens Barrichello E2 G4
Adrian Sutil Opt E2 Opt G2
Giancarlo Fisichella E1 Opt G2
Lewis Hamilton Opt E2 Opt G4
Heikki Kovalainen E2 G4

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:22  

It was the engine's first race. So not very good news for Kimi.

edit: xyneid got it first, ah well :nosweat:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:24  

At least Hamilton has a fresh engine and gearbox for Silverstone :)

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:27  
F1 Driver

phil1993 wrote:

Well we actually don't know that. Because they were free to begin with fresh engine and gear box since Hamilton didn't finish the previous race. "Opt E2 and Opt G4" means this.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:28  

Oh, and Kimi still has his free engine change left. :wink: So it's not all over for him in Silverstone.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:29  
F1 Driver

xyneid wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Well we actually don't know that. Because they were free to begin with fresh engine and gear box since Hamilton didn't finish the previous race. "Opt E2 and Opt G4" means this.

I think he began with a fresh engine. In the commentary from Star Sports i heard Steve Slater say that Hamilton's driving his Engine1 for this race ..
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 14:30  
F1 Driver

AzShadow wrote:
Oh, and Kimi still has his free engine change left. :wink: So it's not all over for him in Silverstone.

No, what makes you think that? Kimi finished the race.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next