Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by sejtur » 25 Jun 2008, 17:07

You're just saying that because you're jealous. :p

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Post by markpaz455 » 25 Jun 2008, 18:11

joostlamers wrote:Fastest lap says nothing, Kovalainen had also got the fastest lap time, twice or so, Hamilton hasn't got a Fastest lap, but he won 2 races already
Raikkonen 43 points
Hamilton 38

All THAT matters

achtung_yo
car driver
car driver

Post by achtung_yo » 25 Jun 2008, 20:27

markpaz455 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Fastest lap says nothing, Kovalainen had also got the fastest lap time, twice or so, Hamilton hasn't got a Fastest lap, but he won 2 races already
Raikkonen 43 points
Hamilton 38

All THAT matters
I totally agree. In my opinion Hamilton cannot win the championship this year and more so we can't compare him to Kimi.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 25 Jun 2008, 20:37

ya i agree
this year it will be a battle between ferrari team mates

Miquelito

Post by Miquelito » 26 Jun 2008, 10:00

shail69 wrote:ya i agree
this year it will be a battle between ferrari team mates
But Kimi takes the championship again.

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 27 Jun 2008, 04:38

newtrex wrote:
syafiqa wrote:Hmm..Kimi are always set the fastest lap time in most of the races.

And Massa is the best teammate for him. :shhh:

Viva Kimi-Massa..!!
Perfect teammate for Ferrari. :wave:

Viva ferrari..!! Flag:##

I agree

Kimi set fastest lap in last 5 races.. that is very good pace from ferrari but out of those he won only 1 race..
Fastest driver with the fastest car is not enough to win the races n more important to become the world champion.

They also need luck in the races, which we can see the bad luck that kimi got in Monaco and canadian grandprix. And perhaps in France that he could easily won the races rather than being second. :tired:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Jun 2008, 22:48

So why was Kimi allowed, driving with a broken exhaust-something, when they (FIA) knew it had to fall of his car. That could have been very dangerous!! It was the work of the FIArrari or Ferrari International Assistance, no other option!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 28 Jun 2008, 22:54

joostlamers wrote:So why was Kimi allowed, driving with a broken exhaust-something, when they (FIA) knew it had to fall of his car. That could have been very dangerous!! It was the work of the FIArrari or Ferrari International Assistance, no other option!
I don't exactly remember the season but there was a case when Raikkonen's McLaren had this rear wing or tyre or suspension problem in a race where he was leading (and must win in order to survive in WDC), he and the team chose to stay out the track and try to go to checkered flag. But, he didn't manage and hit the wall at high speed. Race stewards hadn't called him to the pit either. What was it then?
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 29 Jun 2008, 06:27

joostlamers wrote:So why was Kimi allowed, driving with a broken exhaust-something, when they (FIA) knew it had to fall of his car. That could have been very dangerous!! It was the work of the FIArrari or Ferrari International Assistance, no other option!
Charlie Whiting thought that the risk was low because the broken part was quite light.
xyneid wrote: I don't exactly remember the season but there was a case when Raikkonen's McLaren had this rear wing or tyre or suspension problem in a race where he was leading (and must win in order to survive in WDC), he and the team chose to stay out the track and try to go to checkered flag. But, he didn't manage and hit the wall at high speed. Race stewards hadn't called him to the pit either. What was it then?
He had a problem with his tyre in Nürburgring 2005 and it went off at the last lap.

To be honest, I don't really remember when somebody would have been called to pits and to retire from the race because of some broken part. Wurz had a broken wing in Montreal 2007 too and he just kept driving and made it to podium.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Jun 2008, 11:22

Yep, Nürburgring 2005, first corner, I was there :cool:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 01 Jul 2008, 15:19

broken wing and broken exhaust aren't the same thing broken wing can't fly and hang on other driver's head but exhaust is very dangerous for the behind cars or the people who watch race..they should have cut it in pit but they didn't cuz they can loose more time if they did..for me it was wrong decision from FIA for not say cut it in pit-stop.. :roll::
4ever McLaren...

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 01 Jul 2008, 15:47

McLaren-F1 wrote:broken wing and broken exhaust aren't the same thing
Exactly. They are not the same. Wings are much bigger than an exhaust pipe.
McLaren-F1 wrote:broken wing can't fly and hang on other driver's head but exhaust is very dangerous for the behind cars or the people who watch race..
Oh really? Are you sure my fellow? Just check it out the phots below. These are just for the sake of preventing misleading information:

Brazil 2000, Sauber withdraws from the race due to rear wing failure - Those flying things are rear wings

Spain 2002, Raikkonen's rear wing failure
McLaren-F1 wrote:they should have cut it in pit but they didn't cuz they can loose more time if they did..for me it was wrong decision from FIA for not say cut it in pit-stop.. :roll::
So, wing problems or tyre problems like Raikkonen's in 2005 as we're discussing in above messages can create much worse conditions than that of exhaust problems. FIA might call Ferrari into pit in France as they did in Australia 2003 when Michael had this barge board problem. FIA has no standard procedure for this kind of events either. Accusing the FIA of Ferrari's helping hand over this particular occasion is not an objective thinking. In common sense, if I were a steward, I wouldn't have called Raikkonen into pit. And mind you that those officials have much more knowledge and just-in-time information about what's going on for a particular car. When this problem arose in the race, Ferrari's spokesman said "No no, there will be no any danger because of that." I'm sure they told FIA the same thing and warranted.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

wekim
kart driver
kart driver

Post by wekim » 14 Jul 2008, 18:04

Jarno 3. !yahoo: Flag:##

Zack: Ban For 2 Days.
Last edited by Zack on 15 Jul 2008, 09:42, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: ...Reported!

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 14 Jul 2008, 21:47

xyneid wrote: I wouldn't have called Raikkonen into pit.
i didn't say they should have called him pit...Before pit stop they could tell them to cut it in his 1st pit-stop so he wouldn't have lost extra time for it..I read somewhere that ferrari told FIA after the broken exhaust showed on TV Replay it has gone so maybe FIA believed them and didn't warn them but when they saw on pit stop it's still there they didn't do anything or didn't fine them after the race cuz of lying .. :huh:
4ever McLaren...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 15 Jul 2008, 07:05

LOL i missed this ... nice one joostlamers :lol:
It seems Hamilton fans were pissed off :nosweat:
McLaren-F1 wrote:I read somewhere that ferrari told FIA after the broken exhaust showed on TV Replay it has gone so maybe FIA believed them and didn't warn them but when they saw on pit stop it's still there they didn't do anything or didn't fine them after the race cuz of lying .. :huh:
You know this was either made by TV Commentator or Forum Member.Their was no such official statement which can prove this version of 'truth'.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO