It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 06:49

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Who will win the RBS Canadian Grand Prix?
Poll ended at 07 Jun 2008, 15:11
Lewis Hamilton 26%  26%  [ 18 ]
Kimi Raikkonen 38%  38%  [ 26 ]
Felipe Massa 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Robert Kubica 13%  13%  [ 9 ]
Nick Heidfeld 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Heikki Kovalainen 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Mark Webber 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Fernando Alonso 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 69
 Post subject: Re: 2008 RBS Canadian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 30 May 2008, 20:19  
GP2 Driver

Yeah, Zack, you may be right. But Canada seems to be all about breaking and straight line speed. And I think that at far as the latter is concerned, Ferrari are looking good.

But I've also read in another forum that they have lifted the kerbs on the circuit to the level of the ones at the chicane befor the start/finish line. And I don't know how Ferrari will handle that. Anybody got more info on that?

Anyway, I'd love to see Kimi win, but I would be extatic if Kubica wins this one, as I feel BMW may be strong here (and maybe they won't have many more chances to win this season). He really deserves one for the way he's competed in this champ so far. Go Kubi!!! :cool:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 May 2008, 20:31  
kart driver

canada GP is a city circuit too, like monaco.
ferrari this year also showed that a good car for this type of circuits.
the mclaren had more luck in the strategy that rivals in monaco ...
if raining will be a question of who commit less errors.
the final position in the race also depends on how much it is damaged or not by the safety car.
i hope kimi will have a good performance!!! Flag:##

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 May 2008, 22:25  
F1 Driver

I fancy Ferrari this weekend,barring rain or safety cars.I think Massa could spring a surprise as Kimi has been off the boil the last couple of races and the Ferrari should be the quicker car.But as Mclaren won last year and BMW were second,should be a close race,especially as there probably will be accidents and safety cars
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 16:17  
F1 Champion

Think it will be close here, between the top three.
My prediction:
1. Hamilton
2. Kimi
3. Massa
4. Kubica
5. Kovalainen

PostPosted: 31 May 2008, 18:34  
Kart Champion

Lilellatho wrote:
But I've also read in another forum that they have lifted the kerbs on the circuit to the level of the ones at the chicane befor the start/finish line. And I don't know how Ferrari will handle that. Anybody got more info on that?

Well I read that they modified the last chicane (near the wall of champions) to make it safer and easier to take.

I hope Kimi can do something convincing or at least better than Massa. I think Massa is the most improving driver of the season so far, he wasn't able to finish the first 2 races and then scored more that Kimi in the last 4 races. But let's hope we just have a very close championship decided in the last race like last year :pray:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 03:18  
kart driver

mclarena and lewis for the win i rekon hamilton won here last year and ferrari seems a bit rough around the edges atm will be interesting to see if kimi can make a comeback and hopefully some rain !!! :D :D
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 04:25  
kart driver

I think ferarri can do better this year than last year. They definantly look better in tight corners this year and they are gonna look to try and step it up after their bad luck in Monaco. Mclaren will probably be with Ferrari as well and it's going to be close....Maybe Heikki could get his first win here just like Hamilton did last year. Only time will tell
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 05:45  
GP2 Driver

I think it will be close between all the teams.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 13:15  
F1 Rookie

Lewis won his first race in Montreal. And he is most likely to score another victory in Canada. Massa and Räikkönen will make the final two podium positions.Kovalainen and the BMW Saubers will fight for the next places (4th, 5th anf 6th), maybe the Toyotas and the Reanults can score a good result.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 16:23  
Kart Champion

IF there is rain I say go kubica and webber, cause in monaco kubica could have easily won the race and webber finish second if hamilton touched the wall a bit harder and that would have finished his race and massa was lucky to recover from his mistake.

Do Hard Things Fast, Harder Things Faster.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 21:41  
kart driver

I think BMW will be fighting harder thatn last few races... Ferrari will improve the monaco stinting and Mclaren will keep the pressure...
I poll for a 3 coloured podium
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2008, 14:50  
F1 Driver

lucian wrote:
Lilellatho wrote:

Well I read that they modified the last chicane (near the wall of champions) to make it safer and easier to take.

I hope Kimi can do something convincing or at least better than Massa. I think Massa is the most improving driver of the season so far, he wasn't able to finish the first 2 races and then scored more that Kimi in the last 4 races. But let's hope we just have a very close championship decided in the last race like last year :pray:

I wouldn't say that. Kimi can stick his nose right behind Massa and follow him if the latter was in the lead. But the same doesn't happen with Massa, he can quickly lose control and buckle under pressure. He was getting pained in Monte Carlo by Kubica. So if Kimi mounts a challenge like that, then i am sure Massa would be the first one to kiss the Wall of the champions ! Probably Ferrari guys would have told Kimi not to push Massa too hard !yahoo:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2008, 14:58  
F1 Driver

I think we all are writing off Kovalinen. He was quick in all the places. He wasn't able to convert them to good finished due to some misfortune. I am mounting on Kovalinen to win the Canadian Grand Prix. With all due to Mclaren fanaticism i would be happy to see Lewis come home in 2nd place if Kovi wins. It would be an interesting situation to see where Mclaren stands when Kovalinen wins and Hamilton comes runner up !
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2008, 18:35  
kart driver

sanredrose wrote:
I think we all are writing off Kovalinen. He was quick in all the places. He wasn't able to convert them to good finished due to some misfortune. I am mounting on Kovalinen to win the Canadian Grand Prix. With all due to Mclaren fanaticism i would be happy to see Lewis come home in 2nd place if Kovi wins. It would be an interesting situation to see where Mclaren stands when Kovalinen wins and Hamilton comes runner up !

In fact last year Candian gp was the beginning of a lot of pointing races for kova
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2008, 20:52  
kart driver

yea!!!
if kimi dont't win canadian gp, i hope kovas win!!!!
he was bud luck in the last races...

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next