2008 RBS Grand Prix du Canada , Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Who will win the RBS Canadian Grand Prix?

Poll ended at 07 Jun 2008, 15:11

Lewis Hamilton
26%
Kimi Raikkonen
38%
Felipe Massa
14%
Robert Kubica
13%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
3%
Mark Webber
6%
Fernando Alonso
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 69

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 RBS Grand Prix du Canada , Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Sanredrose » 09 Jun 2008, 17:37

Zack wrote:
Lightning983 wrote: if it was something Sato did, EVERYONE would be calling to take away his superlicence...
I agree Yuji Ide super license was suspended & was called as 'reckless' driving ...here its same situation but under SC & Pit Lane :| :nosweat:

----Lets talk something other this s**8!---

Firstly, what was wrong with heikki ..he made some mistakes ..to fair the race pace was very slow.Partly both the top teams failed to deliver :nosweat: Mclaren fail to radioed Ham abt red light and himself fail notice it in time! .. wasn't gr8 stop either ...outcome was Zero points! On other hand Ferrari f*** up massa ..both had to came in @ same lap but was ok untill Massa had that fuel less stop :nosweat: for some reason fuel rig fail to respond :blink:
Everthing from BMW was flawless ...Kubica was as usal awesome and was great to see Quick Nick getting back in speed ...IF he could have hold Kubica for few more laps he had chance of win :wink: .. but anyways good result ..spectacular Massa! Flawless kubica :thumbsup:
Even if Mclaren and Ferrai had worked out a perfect strategy for Massa / Heikki, i don't think they could have went on to dominate the race. They both seemed to be off the pace right from qualifying. Either their setup was wrong or they were put as a benchmark to help the team. Massa did well to climb back up without making any mistakes on the track. Its only Ferrari pit crew that messed up what could have been Massa's podium in Canada. Heikki seemed like to drive like Nelson Piquet Jr, he was nowhere to be found ... Unable to pass Vettel in STR !! If Massa and Heikki were much better off yesterday then they could have caught Nick but definitely not Robert. Kubica was in a different league and he could have been challenged only by Lewis or Raikkonen.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 09 Jun 2008, 17:47

dacer wrote:jajajaja, you still say, crane must help Hamilton!!!!.
Btw, that was the marshals not the FIA.
:wave:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2008, 17:49

I think Kubica has made only one mistake this year in a race- running slightly wide in Bahrain- and that wasn't major- Raikkonen made 2 in Australia, 2 or 3 in Monaco, Massa 2 in Oz, 1 in Malaysia- which put him out and 1 in Monaco. Lewis was faultless in Oz, made 2 or 3 mistakes in Bahrain, 1 in Monaco- although that helped him win, and one major one yesterday that put him and Kimi out. Keep it up Robert and you are champion before we get to Brazil!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 09 Jun 2008, 17:53

I would like to see all our members put a full stop to Lewis / Kimi accident discussion. Flag:##

As Zack had pointed out we are actually missing out some good discussions on Kubica's win and other interesting parts of the race ... From whatever discussions have went on, i see that many fans of Schumacher, Alonso and other drivers feel that the penalties were exercised to their drivers in unfair situations or fair ones or where it could have been avoided. It could be FIA's changing trend due to its members. In the early 1990's they could have probably had more people in FIA who prefered Williams over Benneton or Ferrari. So they could have been harsh on the latter teams, but in 2000 and beyond their activites seem to favour Ferrari or whichever team it is.

This kind of accidents can be avoided if the FIA has better rules to actually prevent them. They did so much to reduce the impact of accidents on drivers, i hope they would work out a solution for pit stops as well. So all ends well. Lets have further discussion in different lines. I have some questions, probably we can start with discussions over them :

1. "Track breaking up " -What does this actually mean and why didn't problem pose to be a serious one in the previous years rather now ?
2. How come all the newbies suffered in this track, but the old hogs like David, Trulli & Barrichello seemed to work well for them ? Though Alonso din finish the race, he seemed very comfortable when taking the 4th position during qualifying ? So am i free to assume that the previous track knowledge greatly helps here ? Seems true to me .. Alonso, Rosberg, Hamilton, Kimi all put up good laps to take top spots on the grid .. But Massa & Heikki couldn't do anything about that !
3. The strange accidents like Webber losing control at turn 3 / 4 & Alonso in the race also lost control there, was it actually due to absence of traction control or the track was breaking up there ?

*** In our forum - We respect the opinion of every member. :shhh: So lets move on.****

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 09 Jun 2008, 18:31

sanredrose wrote:
1. "Track breaking up " -What does this actually mean and why didn't problem pose to be a serious one in the previous years rather now ?
I remember in 2006 that there was a lot of rubber ball (I mean the s*** outside the racing line) in turn 10 and Schumacher making a huge drift on it!!
Formula 1 cars ( and racing cars ) destroyed too easily the tarmac on this circuit. Maybe because it's a temporary circuit :s

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2008, 18:51

sanredrose wrote:I would like to see all our members put a full stop to Lewis / Kimi accident discussion. Flag:##
:thumbsup:

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 09 Jun 2008, 19:25

sanredrose wrote:I would like to see all our members put a full stop to Lewis / Kimi accident discussion. Flag:##
Oh darn ... just when i was starting to have fun :cheezy:
sanredrose wrote: 1. "Track breaking up " -What does this actually mean and why didn't problem pose to be a serious one in the previous years rather now ?
Well as i've heard it, its probably just bad work quality and combined with the fact that there's no TC this year, and the tires "wear" the tarmac more...
It was always a problem, but this year its just worse than ever...
sanredrose wrote: 2. How come all the newbies suffered in this track, but the old hogs like David, Trulli & Barrichello seemed to work well for them ?...
well i don't see massa as a newbie :)
I guess since the SC played a big part in it, i'll go with sheer luck... as it was a lot of times in Canada
Trulli on the other hand was REALLY lucky, because he publicly said a lot of times he hates the track... i mean the guy didn't finish here about 7-8 times in his career.
sanredrose wrote: 3. The strange accidents like Webber losing control at turn 3 / 4 & Alonso in the race also lost control there, was it actually due to absence of traction control or the track was breaking up there ?
As i saw it, the track was also breaking up there... but i though Alonso had a gearbox problem, because i saw his real wheels lock when he spun out ?!?

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 09 Jun 2008, 21:15

sanredrose wrote: !yahoo: There is another cheeky explanation for this ... Hamilton as well as Schumacher were pushed back into the track in European GP held in Luxembourgh. Its almost a German heartland with Schumi & Mercedes being their poster boys. Its pretty obvious they got some help. While Alonso spun in Italy in a Renault .. Cmon man .. Its Ferrari that matters for Tifosi ~ not a Renault ! If the same had happened in Spain definitely someone would have pushed him into the track ! :shhh:
Patetic Explication

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 09 Jun 2008, 21:18

MP4/4#12 wrote: By the way, Dacer you`re spanish aren`t you ?
yes

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 09 Jun 2008, 21:21

Just leave it now please.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 09 Jun 2008, 22:05

dacer wrote:
sanredrose wrote: !yahoo: There is another cheeky explanation for this ... Hamilton as well as Schumacher were pushed back into the track in European GP held in Luxembourgh. Its almost a German heartland with Schumi & Mercedes being their poster boys. Its pretty obvious they got some help. While Alonso spun in Italy in a Renault .. Cmon man .. Its Ferrari that matters for Tifosi ~ not a Renault ! If the same had happened in Spain definitely someone would have pushed him into the track ! :shhh:
Patetic Explication
We respect your opinion. Lets move on with discussions about other stuff from the Canadian Grand Prix ... :wave:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 10 Jun 2008, 07:19

sanredrose wrote:Even if Mclaren and Ferrai had worked out a perfect strategy for Massa / Heikki, i don't think they could have went on to dominate the race. They both seemed to be off the pace right from qualifying. Either their setup was wrong or they were put as a benchmark to help the team. Massa did well to climb back up without making any mistakes on the track. Its only Ferrari pit crew that messed up what could have been Massa's podium in Canada. Heikki seemed like to drive like Nelson Piquet Jr, he was nowhere to be found ... Unable to pass Vettel in STR !! If Massa and Heikki were much better off yesterday then they could have caught Nick but definitely not Robert. Kubica was in a different league and he could have been challenged only by Lewis or Raikkonen.
I agree ..was just looking @ lap times [url2]http://www.fia.com/canadagp/documents/C ... alysis.pdf[/url2] ..its difficult to say anything! Massa clearly is lapping comfortably in 1.18.3s under clear track but Kubica had enough pace to defend!
After doing some excel work ..Kubica has 45 laps are quicker than Massa ..while Massa has 25 Lap quick lap over Kubica.Kubicas IN laps were awesome ..before coming in pits for second time he almost gain 10+ sec in 5 lap over massa.

For first stint fuel load is reflected in average lap times :lol both Ferraris are slow than Kubica & Hamilton.
sanredrose wrote: 2. How come all the newbies suffered in this track, but the old hogs like David, Trulli & Barrichello seemed to work well for them ? Though Alonso din finish the race, he seemed very comfortable when taking the 4th position during qualifying ? So am i free to assume that the previous track knowledge greatly helps here ? Seems true to me .. Alonso, Rosberg, Hamilton, Kimi all put up good laps to take top spots on the grid .. But Massa & Heikki couldn't do anything about that !
It wasn't about Drivers it was more about car & setup.We saw Ferraris doing green s1 & s2 ...losing more than .3sec in s3.
sanredrose wrote:3. The strange accidents like Webber losing control at turn 3 / 4 & Alonso in the race also lost control there, was it actually due to absence of traction control or the track was breaking up there ?
That part of track is very slippery one reason can be acceleration point ... as stated b4 alonso had gearbox problem! and probably weber was try too hard :nosweat:

New gearbox for Force India is pure development failure!!! :<>:
does any1 else notice Sutils feminine running style! LOL
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 10 Jun 2008, 11:53

the tack breaking up was a bit of an issue, sure it might be a temporary track but still... does anyone know if they allow heavy vehicles on the track when it is not being used? here in melbourne certain vehicles are not allowed on the race track streets, only standard sized cars, motorbikes and cyclists... ect. nothing too heavy to prevent it from damaging the surface of the track.
also, i have a feeling experience plays a huge part in dealing with the track, thats probably why the 'newbies' dont often go so well in canada!

i havnt been around for the hamiltn/kimi collision but i still cant get my headaround it... i know it would sound bias coming from me but (im about to watch the footage again) from memory hamilton was heading for kubica the locked up and turned his wheel in kimis direction... didnt he? i not sayin he purposely wanted to crash but it seemed very much like a 'oh well i may as wel make the most of it' situation... ill leave it there since im sure the last 20 pages of this thread probably went on about it.
lewis deserved the penalty though!

im really happy to see the BMWs win! well done... kubica is a real chance for the title now for sure, although its hard to say, it would be good to see how he races when both kimi and lewis are on track too.

anyway... cheers!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 11 Jun 2008, 17:11

hmmmm remember what Lewis said about his Dad crashing during the week...

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 11 Jun 2008, 18:35

Your sad really sad....

Anyway great win by Kubica he deffo deserved it and super 1-2 by bmw. Nice to see Coulthard on the podium again and Glock scoring his first points.