It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 00:29

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Who will win the Monaco Grand Prix
Poll ended at 24 May 2008, 14:36
Kimi Raikkonen 38%  38%  [ 41 ]
Felipe Massa 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
Lewis Hamilton 39%  39%  [ 42 ]
Heikki Kovalainen 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Robert Kubica 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Nick Heidfeld 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Fernando Alonso 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 109
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 07:01  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 01:38
Posts: 362
Location: malaysia
Country: Malaysia (my)
Kimi will win the monaco grand prix this time. Last year without his silly mistake in qualifying session,he actually can fight in front row runner to win the race. :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 10:29  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 11:43
Posts: 376
Location: Netherlands
1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen? No
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites? No
3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki? Yes with Lewis but I hope Heiki will be as strong as in Turkey but than on the podium
4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit? Think they will be the 3rd team again
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in Monaco? Finish in the points but not more than that
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? I think so but I do expect Williams to be strong aswell

Hope it wont be as boring as last year and its to much glamour than racing for me.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 11:58  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 15:03
Posts: 865
1. Will ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen ? Yes
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites ? No
3. Will Mclaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki? Mclaren will be strong maybe a 2nd or 3rd place, but that`s it
4. Will Bmw-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit? Kubica will keep his speed over Heidfeld, maybe a podium for the polish.
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in monaco? Perhaps a super qualifying with low fuel to shine on saturday, but after that only some points or retirement.
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? Jarno Trulli is always very fast in MonteCarlo, Coulthard could score some points too.

Overall,the monaco gp, we can be sure it will be boring as always, excepts if it rains...........
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 12:40  
Kart Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2008, 20:46
Posts: 107
Location: 35°08′N, 33°28′E
1. Will ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen ?
I think so after seeing that Ferrari is good in slow corners like Mclaren last year that dominated Monaco :tired:
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites ?
Don't think so
3. Will Mclaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki?
I think Lewis will shione for its a track that talent is needed, something Lewis has got loads of...
4. Will Bmw-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit?
I think Kubica will be good and fast..
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in monaco?
i think so for he has great talent and we have seen he is fast on low fuel
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong?
I think Jarno and DC will be fast and their teammates a little behind them...

Flag:##

_________________
As I walked through it Sunday evening, I couldn’t help but be amazed by the scale of this operation and the thousands of man hours that go into entertaining us for a couple of hours, 17 times a year.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 13:43  
kart driver
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2008, 12:50
Posts: 29
1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen? Not sure, last year Mclaren pace was superb.
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites? No.
3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki? Yes. With Lewis Hamilton obviously.
4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit? Hard to say. Last two races weren't good for this team. I don't think it.
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in Monaco? If he's lucky he could be 5th.
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? No.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 15:08  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 11:43
Posts: 376
Location: Netherlands
Alex.J. wrote:
1. Will ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen ?
I think so after seeing that Ferrari is good in slow corners like Mclaren last year that dominated Monaco :tired:
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites ?
Don't think so
3. Will Mclaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki?
I think Lewis will shione for its a track that talent is needed, something Lewis has got loads of...
4. Will Bmw-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit?
I think Kubica will be good and fast..
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in monaco?
i think so for he has great talent and we have seen he is fast on low fuel
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong?
I think Jarno and DC will be fast and their teammates a little behind them...

Flag:##


Uhm tell me where did you get that information from because they where the best on topspeed but in slow corners they weren't the best so just caurious.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 16:09  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Posts: 2476
Location: Istanbul
Country: Turkey (tr)
HamiltonF1 wrote:
Uhm tell me where did you get that information from because they where the best on topspeed but in slow corners they weren't the best so just caurious.

It's not top speed, it's sector times. In Spain and Turkey, Ferrari drivers' times were better than Maccas at last sector of both circuits, which can be assumed to resemble with the turns in Monaco and if you remember the Turkish GP press conference, tha same were asked to Hamilton:

Quote:
Q: When you were really quick with relatively light fuel it was sector three you were losing ground to the Ferraris, or not gaining ground. Is that a worry going into Monte Carlo?
LH: I don’t see it as a worry. In Barcelona, the last sector which was all the tight corners, they were a little bit quicker than us there. It was the same here with the last three corners on the straight where they seemed to take quite a lot out of us. We are going to go back and try to understand exactly why and keep pushing to improve. I have no doubts that we can do that.


But of course that doesn't mean anything. Sector times have nothing to do with a whole lap time in Monaco. It can be a indicatior nonetheless. I know you are a strong fan but objectiveness is the most enjoyable thing while judging issues and matters :thumbsup:

_________________
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 16:38  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Posts: 1199
Location: San Diego
1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen ? - May be not in Monaco.
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites ? - No way in Monaco, i for one won't be astonished if he finds a barrier. If he is subjected to pressure he can let his nuts lose !
3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki ? - Lewis seems a good bet, but i would go with Heikki since he outpaced his team mate last time with a heavier fuel load.
4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit ? - BMW might be good, but they aren't a winning team here in Monaco. They can probably find a podium if either Ferrari or Mclaren have one of their cars rammed in barriers.
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in Monaco ? - Alonso can win only if Mclaren, BMW & Ferrari crash into the barriers !
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? - Red Bull seems to be quite strong, but Toyota i won't commit to them. Trulli is a one lap specialist who can get them a good start. After that its just the drivers and their pace on the track would decide where they end up with.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 16:47  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Posts: 1199
Location: San Diego
xyneid wrote:
HamiltonF1 wrote:
Uhm tell me where did you get that information from because they where the best on topspeed but in slow corners they weren't the best so just caurious.

It's not top speed, it's sector times. In Spain and Turkey, Ferrari drivers' times were better than Maccas at last sector of both circuits, which can be assumed to resemble with the turns in Monaco and if you remember the Turkish GP press conference, tha same were asked to Hamilton:

Quote:
Q: When you were really quick with relatively light fuel it was sector three you were losing ground to the Ferraris, or not gaining ground. Is that a worry going into Monte Carlo?
LH: I don’t see it as a worry. In Barcelona, the last sector which was all the tight corners, they were a little bit quicker than us there. It was the same here with the last three corners on the straight where they seemed to take quite a lot out of us. We are going to go back and try to understand exactly why and keep pushing to improve. I have no doubts that we can do that.


But of course that doesn't mean anything. Sector times have nothing to do with a whole lap time in Mopnaco. It can be a indicatior nonetheless. I know you are a strong fan but objectiveness is the most enjoyable thing while judging issues and matters :thumbsup:


Yeah i agree. We can't take Ferrari or Mclaren's performance from last year into count this time. I think both Mclaren & Ferrari are equally matched in Monaco. I believe that Mclaren might gamble with Heikki going on a lighter fuel load. If Heikki goes with fuel less than the others for 2 laps, he can make it a front row start. Same can be said about Ferrari as well. Because capturing a front row start in Monaco is always a good sign. Massa might also prefer that because he makes mistakes when he is chasing someone esp Kimi. So if he manages to capture pole then he can hold on to a race win. I think the same would apply for Lewis as well as Heikki. I have a feeling that Kimi might not win this race.

If we look at BMW & Renault i am sure that they can also have a impact, but may be they would be fighting for best of the rest. As the season goes on i feel BMW will not be able to knock at Mclaren or Ferrari. These 2 teams are simply too strong for them & have huge amount race & quali data from Monaco than what BMW or Sauber has !
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 18:34  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 13:46
Posts: 1866
Location: Finland
sanredrose wrote:
Yeah i agree. We can't take Ferrari or Mclaren's performance from last year into count this time. I think both Mclaren & Ferrari are equally matched in Monaco. I believe that Mclaren might gamble with Heikki going on a lighter fuel load. If Heikki goes with fuel less than the others for 2 laps, he can make it a front row start.

So far Heikki has constantly been heavier than Hamilton, sometimes even significantly more. It might be that they want Heikki to play the supporting role, but Hamilton's aggressive driving style has also made him need to use lighter strategy by default as was seen in Turkey. In Monaco it's a different scenario, however, as it's a slow circuit.

I'd expect Hamilton and Massa to be running lighter, just for the sake of pole. Of course there's no guarantees that someone else won't take the pole with a heavier tank. :wink: Heikki's front row time in last race was done with the heaviest car of the front runners.

Or maybe BMW will surprise us all and Kubica will take the pole and be fighting for BMW's maiden victory!? :)

News:
Mosley to skip official functions in Monaco
Raikkonen: trouble-free practice is key

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 19:47  
Kart Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2007, 01:46
Posts: 180
AzShadow wrote:

Or maybe BMW will surprise us all and Kubica will take the pole and be fighting for BMW's maiden victory!? :)


honestly? many people that follow BMW situation this season a little bit closer that a common Lewis' fan around here wouldn't be suprised AT ALL... :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 21:09  
car driver

Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:33
Posts: 15
I hope not, but I think Lewis might just win Monaco this year. I'd love, LOVE to see Massa win it, as I have a stupid theory that if he wins Monaco, he'll win the WDC - but sadly I don't see that happening...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 22:20  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 23:32
Posts: 498
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden (se)
1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen?
Ferrari hasn't won here since 2001 and I don't think they will this year either. Macca will have the upper hand.

2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites?
Perhaps, but not in Monaco.

3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki?
They don't have to bounce so much, they are simpy faster here, I think. Lewis will be dangerous if he can steer clear of the rails.

4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit?
I'm not so sure about that, but never say never. They've surprised before.

5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in Monaco?
He'll do well, I hope. :p :pray:

6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong?
Trulli likes Monaco and I expect him to be strong here. DC as well.

_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 22:53  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 03:17
Posts: 486
Location: Québec, Canada
1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen ? no I think McLaren will be better
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites ? Surely not
3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki ? Yes I'm a Ferrari fan but I think McLaren will be strongert than Ferrari especially with LH
4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit ? Why not? the results are very good this year and maybe Monaco is THE track for BMW
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in Monaco ? He needs some lucks, perhaps Monaco could be a good circuit for the Renault's car
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? For Toyota, just Trulli and for Red Bull, I don't know
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco
PostPosted: 17 May 2008, 10:34  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Sebastian Vettel will get a 5 place grid penalty for changing his gearbox (because of the introduction of the new car)

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB