2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Who will win the Turkish Grand Prix

Poll ended at 09 May 2008, 19:33

Kimi Raikkonen
43
57%
Felipe Massa
22
29%
Nick Heidfeld
0
No votes
Robert Kubica
3
4%
Lewis Hamilton
7
9%
Other
1
1%
 
Total votes: 76

sesamest
car driver
car driver
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Apr 2008, 09:48

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by sesamest » 12 May 2008, 11:28

Bad luck for Hekki......I really thought he would have podium finish...........

Also spectecular pass by Hamilton, very exciting...

dick1
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 43
Joined: 20 Aug 2007, 20:44

Re: Rate the Turkish Grand Prix 2008

Post by dick1 » 12 May 2008, 12:49

Great race. I was surprised by Kimi's lack of pace until after the race when it was disclosed that his wing was damaged. Our commentators didn't seem to realize that had happened and neither did I. I hope he improves at qualifying. If he starts on the front row he seems almost unbeatable.

flashman
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 67
Joined: 12 May 2008, 14:09
Location: Poland

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by flashman » 12 May 2008, 14:32

Very interesting race I think. Some good overtakings, especially by Kovalainen. I was a bit surprised that Massa didn't fight back as Hamilton made it so easy to overtake him. Maybe he knew that Hamilton had 3 stops strategy...

joac21
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 46
Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 02:23
Contact:

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by joac21 » 12 May 2008, 16:22

MP4/4#12 wrote:
joac21 wrote:heikki was the man of the race IMO, a little bit dissapointed of bmw for this one...


BMW team must be proud of what they`re doing this season, after 5 races Kubica is only 11 points behind the championship leader, 2nd place in constructors, i`m sure nobody in the team would bet on that in winter testing.


your right,, but i wanted to see them fighting with mclaren

User avatar
color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 180
Joined: 25 Jun 2007, 01:46

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by color » 12 May 2008, 16:26

joac21 wrote:
MP4/4#12 wrote:
joac21 wrote:heikki was the man of the race IMO, a little bit dissapointed of bmw for this one...


BMW team must be proud of what they`re doing this season, after 5 races Kubica is only 11 points behind the championship leader, 2nd place in constructors, i`m sure nobody in the team would bet on that in winter testing.


your right,, but i wanted to see them fighting with mclaren


wait 2 weeks... :shhh:

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 12 May 2008, 16:30

xyneid wrote:
Zack wrote:xynied ..i already knew it :p

Good for you.

--

OMG, Hey guys, did they show any other part of the race by thermal cam?

Image


no, i watched the whole race and they only showed this pit stop of rosbergs with the thermal cam (unless it was shown at another point when itv had an ad break)

User avatar
raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 553
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 14:41
Location: Jakarta
Contact:

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by raikkonen4ever » 12 May 2008, 16:41

Yeah..they only put that cam ahead of Williams' garage...there is no thermal cam ahead of another team's garage...
so that's the only footage of the thermal cam from the race...
I'm so surprised by that camera view..brilliant cam
Last edited by raikkonen4ever on 12 May 2008, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 12 May 2008, 16:42

premier wrote:Kovy made a dirty trick starting the race. His task was simply to hold Kimi when Lewis shoud pass. Poor Kovy, another Barichello.

Yes Kovy decided to f**k any chance of a win by holding up Kimi. :roll::
McLaren have said multiple times that they are equal which they are. Look at the Senna and Prost days.

I hope the thermal cam stays, its interesting to see the heat.

flashman
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 67
Joined: 12 May 2008, 14:09
Location: Poland

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by flashman » 12 May 2008, 17:07

Yea, the thermal camera is a quite nice innovation. Would be cool to see it in the coming races.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 865
Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 15:03

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by MP4/4#12 » 12 May 2008, 17:11

flashman wrote:Yea, the thermal camera is a quite nice innovation. Would be cool to see it in the coming races.


Don`t forget the night vision cameras for Singapore !

flashman
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 67
Joined: 12 May 2008, 14:09
Location: Poland

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by flashman » 12 May 2008, 17:17

Singapore's gonna be interesting. I wonder what will racing in the night look like. I'm looking forward to it :p

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 12 May 2008, 17:39

Lovely start by Hamilton, Fisichella was thinking: when does the corner come.. when does the co.. THERE IT IS :| , to late :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

flashman
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 67
Joined: 12 May 2008, 14:09
Location: Poland

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by flashman » 12 May 2008, 17:54

I also wouldn't be myself if i didn't praise my favourite (Robert Kubica) for a very good start (from 5th to 3rd on one turn !). Maybe later not everything went that well (one position lost on the pitstop), but whatever.. :thumbsup:

User avatar
lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 199
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 08:43
Location: Romania

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by lucian » 12 May 2008, 18:11

flashman wrote:I also wouldn't be myself if i didn't praise my favourite (Robert Kubica) for a very good start (from 5th to 3rd on one turn !). Maybe later not everything went that well (one position lost on the pitstop), but whatever.. :thumbsup:

Yeah he certainly did a good race, especially if you compare it to his teammate.

Kimi still has to find his best form, he's close to it now but once in a while he gets owned by Massa. I'm quite optimistic he'll win more than Massa in the more difficult tracks, but I think Hamilton will improve and it's going to get better.
Image

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 376
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 11:43
Location: Netherlands

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by HamiltonF1 » 12 May 2008, 19:26

lucian wrote:
flashman wrote:I also wouldn't be myself if i didn't praise my favourite (Robert Kubica) for a very good start (from 5th to 3rd on one turn !). Maybe later not everything went that well (one position lost on the pitstop), but whatever.. :thumbsup:

Yeah he certainly did a good race, especially if you compare it to his teammate.

Kimi still has to find his best form, he's close to it now but once in a while he gets owned by Massa. I'm quite optimistic he'll win more than Massa in the more difficult tracks, but I think Hamilton will improve and it's going to get better.


Uhm dude now your talking like your his best friend and knows everything about him lol :p
Image

Locked