It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 03:53

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Who will win the Turkish Grand Prix
Poll ended at 09 May 2008, 19:33
Kimi Raikkonen 57%  57%  [ 43 ]
Felipe Massa 29%  29%  [ 22 ]
Nick Heidfeld 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Robert Kubica 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Lewis Hamilton 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 76
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix
PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:32  
F1 Driver

phil1993 wrote:
oh, right, so you got a great view of fisis crash! did you storm the track after the race and before the podium (or was it allowed)?

No I didn't see it, I missed. I was so busy taking photos of Kimi and upsetting how Kubica get passed him :blink:

In fact they didn't unlock the doors but I jumped out of the fence !yahoo: The best moment of the race for me that I was "on" track watching podium and walking on the start-finish straight. Aah that was great.

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:39  
F1 Rookie

xyneid wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
oh, right, so you got a great view of fisis crash! did you storm the track after the race and before the podium (or was it allowed)?

No I didn't see it, I missed. I was so busy taking photos of Kimi and upsetting how Kubica get passed him :blink:

In fact they didn't unlock the doors but I jumped out of the fence !yahoo: The best moment of the race for me that I was "on" track watching podium and walking on the start-finish straight. Aah that was great.

You seem quite happy ! Glad you liked it, and you`re right: there`s nothing like it, to watch a F1 race LIVE, the noise, the crowd............i sure miss it ! I`ll be waiting for your pics. Cheers
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:40  
F1 Rookie

phil1993 wrote:
MP4/4#12 wrote:
Why on earth Mclaren pitted Heikki one lap after the SC entered the pit ? What happened ? Good race from Hamilton, trying something else to win ( Schumi hungary 98 ?), but Ferrari is a bit stronger though. Kubica, Alonso and Rosberg made nice races too.

Heikki got a puncture after contact with Raikkonen into turn 1

Oh ok, i missed that ! THX
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:42  
F1 Legend

xyneid wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

:roll:: do you want me to believe this? Taking photos of kimi ?
or Taking photos of the Girls :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:43  
kart driver

iceman1 wrote:
The perfect sponsor :

very smart this one; fly kingfisico :cheezy:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:43  
kart driver

think its the best race this year so far.. quite enjoying hamilton overtalking massa :)...
hope for more such races....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:44  
GP2 Driver

Girls were so beautiful :D

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:46  
F1 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
xyneid wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

:roll:: do you want me to believe this? Taking photos of kimi ?
or Taking photos of the Girls :p

Me? Ahaha, I am in love Kimi, I don't cheat him :p

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:54  
F1 Legend

xyneid wrote:

yeah sure :tired:

i was trying to go to Monaco GP 2009 (Hottest Girls :p ) but my Mom wants me to go to Abu dubai GP
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 16:57  
F1 Driver

MP4/4#12 wrote:
You seem quite happy ! Glad you liked it, and you`re right: there`s nothing like it, to watch a F1 race LIVE, the noise, the crowd............i sure miss it ! I`ll be waiting for your pics. Cheers

Hamilton: What the hell is goin' on heare hıck @Beer

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 17:12  

iceman1 wrote:
xyneid wrote:

yeah sure :tired:

i was trying to go to Monaco GP 2009 (Hottest Girls :p ) but my Mom wants me to go to Abu dubai GP

oh, such a shame. Can't go to Monaco cos your mum wants you to go to abu dhabi. i only just persuaded my parents to go to see silverston friday practice this year

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 17:56  
kart driver

I must say I was expecting more from Kubica. But hey he got points. Also being Indian I want the Force India team to do well but if they keep doing this then I expect them to leave just as Super Aguri. But it was a good run and I hear there is gonna be a track made in India.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 18:00  
F1 Legend

the director of Bridgestone motorsport tyre development, said yesterday:
Quote:
I think for next season maybe we have to shift the [compound] one position softer. It is about 10-15 degrees [C] lower than we expected, so especially the medium compound has some graining until about 10 laps, then it vanishes gradually.

Hamashima denied this had caused any problems for the teams:
Quote:
We have checked the car data from every team, and so far we have seen no problems. Last year we found the small problem on the Friday, but now we are very happy and we don’t face any trouble

But according to McLaren that was not the case. Ron Dennis said after the race:
Quote:
There was some internal delamination which Bridgestone were very good at picking up. We didn’t want to have any tyre failure. It was possibly okay to run two stops, but it was a bit more severe on Lewis’ and we put drivers’ safety first.

Lewis Hamilton added:
Quote:
The reason we went with the three stopper was that Bridgestone were concerned. They thought the tyre was going to fail like it did last year and they made us do a three-stop as it was the safest route to go. Unfortunately that put us in not such a strong position to win the race.

The difference in driving styles between the two McLaren drivers further complicates the picture. Hamilton is much harder on his tyres than most drivers including team mate Heikki Kovalainen. At the same circuit last year he suffered a tyre de-lamination during the race.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix
PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 18:00  

uncleben wrote:
I must say I was expecting more from Kubica. But hey he got points. Also being Indian I want the Force India team to do well but if they keep doing this then I expect them to leave just as Super Aguri. But it was a good run and I hear there is gonna be a track made in India.

Force India will not leave. Vijay Mallya has a lot of money and a huge passion for F1 and a vision to bring FI on the podium when F1 visits India in 2010. He has to be prett pissed off at Fisi for crashing 2 cars already

PostPosted: 11 May 2008, 18:03  

McLaren say Kovalainen could have won
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67370

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Well, the race is over so nothing can be done anymore. Looks like Heikki has inherited Finns' bad luck. :p McLaren's pace was very good on this track so it looks promising for them. Again, with a slightly lighter load Heikki would have secured the pole... but he continues using much higher fuel loads. It's not really up to him to decide either.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next