It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 01:18

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Who will win the Turkish Grand Prix
Poll ended at 09 May 2008, 19:33
Kimi Raikkonen 57%  57%  [ 43 ]
Felipe Massa 29%  29%  [ 22 ]
Nick Heidfeld 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Robert Kubica 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Lewis Hamilton 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 76
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix
PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 16:43  
GP2 Driver

joostlamers wrote:
color wrote:
MP4/4#12 wrote:
Kimi said he made a mistake

Drivers always say they made a mistake so. Anyway I'm surprised by the Mclarens I think that Lewis might be a bit heaver than Heiki but seeing the happy faces by Mclaren might be because they both do better on fuel than Massa but we have to wait for that ;).

But can someone explain me why the RBR drivers only did one lap I mean I know there not the fastest but you can atleast try, anyway good lap from webber ;)

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 16:46  

i dont know whether Lewis has more fuel than Heikki - he looked pretty unhappy- but turn 1 in turkey seems to be so dodgy- almost like albert park for incidents. wouldnt be surprised if one of the top four didnt emerge from the exit of turn 1 with damage

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 17:24  
GP2 Driver

xyneid
thanks for the information, now I know were to find it
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 17:56  
GP2 Driver

Quote:
But can someone explain me why the RBR drivers only did one lap I mean I know there not the fastest but you can atleast try, anyway good lap from webber ;)

Qualifying - selected driver quotes

David Coulthard, Red Bull (10th, Q2 - 1m 29.959s):

"I'm happy to be through to the top ten after problems at the last two grands prix. We used all our option tyres to get there though, two sets in Q1 and two sets in Q2, as I didn't want to take any risks. As a result, we only had primes left at the end. We only did one run in Q3 as we wanted to save fuel, so the car was very heavy."

source: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/5/7764.html
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 18:01  
F1 Driver

Speed Trap Classification

1 Kimi Räikkönen 323.8
    2 Felipe Massa 323.7
    3 Lewis Hamilton 319.8
    4 Kazuki Nakajima 317.1
    5 Heikki Kovalainen 317.1

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 18:18  
GP2 Driver

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3546660,00.html wrote:
Hamilton rues 'wrong' tyre choice
Lewis Hamilton was left to rue chosing the wrong tyre in Q3 in Istanbul, which meant he missed out on a front row grid slot.
The McLaren driver opted to do his second run in Q3 on the harder option Bridgestone tyres, which many of the drivers had complained were difficult to get heat in to.
However, Hamilton decided to use them while his rivals put in their last laps on the softer option tyres.
The gamble didn't pay off and Hamilton found himself third on the grid behind pole-sitter Felipe Massa as well as his own McLaren team-mate Heikki Kovalainen.
"It was a tough qualifying session for me," said Hamilton.
"I had a fantastic lap in Q1, and in Q2 I struggled a bit on the option tyre so I opted for the prime tyre (for Q3) because I felt it would be more consistent.
"I did it and I guess I made the wrong decision.
"It wasn't too bad. I struggled in the first Q3 lap. It was terrible and I was in the 29. The second one for sure was an improvement but still wasn't quick enough."
Hamilton, though, reckons he still has a good chance of winning the race as McLaren aren't as far away from Ferrari as initially expected.
"I think we have got a good package this weekend and myself and Heikki have shown we are up there with the Ferraris and should be able to push them in the race," he said.

How could his engineer or Ron let him do the last lap with the hard compound? He was giving away nearly .300secs to the rest of the field and no way he would have gotten a pole position lap. Right now he should be dancing for his good luck in being 3rd.

How many laps will Sebastian Vettel complete in Turkish GP?
    Can Vettel finish this race?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 18:26  
GP2 Driver

Team-by-team summary: Saturday, Turkey

http://www.f1way.com/news/2008/may/10/team-by-team-summary-saturday-turkey wrote:
FERRARI
Felipe Massa truly is the master of the Istanbul Park layout, capturing his third straight pole position here and targeting a trio of Turkish wins. After a less than perfect lap, Kimi Raikkonen qualified fourth, behind both McLarens. "There's a question mark over fuel loads," the Finn noted.

MCLAREN-MERCEDES

Lewis Hamilton, at the wheel of a few scruffy laps on Saturday, said in the FIA press conference that choosing hard tyres rather than soft ones for his final Q3 assault was in hindsight the "wrong decision", as he qualified just behind his teammate Heikki Kovalainen. The Finn's front row berth is the first of his career.

BMW-SAUBER
The BMWs were worryingly off the pace in all three practice sessions this weekend, but Robert Kubica ultimately qualified fifth, behind the four faster Ferraris and McLarens. "We were expecting a little bit more after finishing P2 in Q2," said Kubica. Nick Heidfeld made the Q3 cut, but he starts just ninth as he continues to struggle to meet his Polish teammate's speed.

RED BULL-RENAULT
Mark Webber and David Coulthard were spectacularly P1 and P3 respectively in morning practice, and ultimately settled in solid sixth and tenth places within 'Q3' in qualifying.

RENAULT
Fernando Alonso's deceiving P2 in the damp morning became P7 on the grid. Nelson Piquet has been off the Spaniard's pace all weekend; the gap was six tenths in the morning, and seven tenths when he failed even to progress through Q1. "I am extremely disappointed today," he said.

TOYOTA
Eighth on the grid for Jarno Trulli, but teammate Timo Glock - despite being on the pace all weekend - had a front wheel problem and ultimately qualified a full second behind Trulli, at the tail of the 'Q2' pack (15th).

WILLIAMS-TOYOTA
Nico Rosberg was fourth in the now customary topsy-turvy Saturday morning practice, but he couldn't squeeze into 'Q3' in the qualifying hour. Kazuki Nakajima languished near the backmarkers all day and was the fastest runner to miss even the 'Q1' cut. "We expected him to be slightly behind as we didn't have some recent aero updates available for him," technical director Sam Michael said.

HONDA
Neither made it through to 'Q3', but Rubens Barrichello at least narrowly pipped teammate Jenson Button to twelfth place on the grid for his historic 257th official start. "It's a long way forward to get points from here," said Button.

TORO ROSSO-FERRARI
After a bad Spanish outing, Sebastian Vettel is back on song in Turkey, and he even made the 'Q2' cut, unlike his teammate Sebastien Bourdais, who criticised the Force India drivers for holding him up. "I don't know what those guys were doing on their out lap," he said, angrily lamenting his eighteenth grid spot.

FORCE INDIA-FERRARI
Despite previously waging legal action against Super Aguri's use of customer cars, Force India must now be ruing the team's collapse after qualifying clearly on the last row of the grid in Turkey. Adrian Sutil is still struggling to keep up with Giancarlo Fisichella, but the veteran Roman will line up dead last due to his three-position grid penalty for jumping the red light on Friday.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 18:33  
F1 Driver

Soyyo wrote:
    How many laps will Sebastian Vettel complete in Turkish GP?
    Can Vettel finish this race?

Yes, he can finish the race. He had some unlucky race starts some of which were not his mistakes though. He's strong but I think Toro Rosso concantrates mostly on their new car.

Post subject: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix
PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 18:36  

xyneid wrote:
Yes, he can finish the race. He had some unlucky race starts some of which were not his mistakes though. He's strong but I think Toro Rosso concantrates mostly on their new car.

true, but he is starting in the midfield -14th, which could lead to an incident. luckily for him, sutil is nowhere near him.....

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 18:39  
F1 Routinier

HamiltonF1 wrote:

Drivers always say they made a mistake so. Anyway I'm surprised by the Mclarens I think that Lewis might be a bit heaver than Heiki but seeing the happy faces by Mclaren might be because they both do better on fuel than Massa but we have to wait for that ;).

Actually, Id say lewis is LIGHTER, based on the fact that he was close to heikki on hard tyres, so i think he might have had a good pace with light fuel load. Which is possibly.

Good drive by the top 10 in general to be honest. Yes even lewis. Shout should deffinitely go out to glock who put in a stella lap too.

roll on tomorrow. I hope its Massa, Kimi, Kovalainen,Kubica,Alonso,Webber,trulli and Piquet who score points tomorrow. In no order to be honest.

lets hope its a good race.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 18:41  

yep, i think lewis is lighter than heikki, so heikki should "let" lewis through A.S.A.P if this is true to give them the best chance of catching Massa (almost impossible unless he loses it) and keeping Raikkonen at bay

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 18:45  
GP2 Driver

Istanbul park: BRAKING ANALYSIS

BRAKING 01
Initial speed [Km/h] 300
Final speed [Km/h] 150
Stopping distance [m] 150
Braking time [sec] 2.5
Maximum deceleration[g] 4.5
Maximum disc temperature °C 1000
Maximum pedal load [Kg] 85

BRAKING 02
Initial speed [Km/h] 280
Final speed [Km/h] 180
Stopping distance [m] 150
Braking time [sec] 2.5
Maximum deceleration[g] 4
Maximum disc temperature °C 750
Maximum pedal load [Kg] 80

BRAKING 03
Initial speed [Km/h] 290
Final speed [Km/h] 140
Stopping distance [m] 120
Braking time [sec] 2.7
Maximum deceleration[g] 4.5
Maximum disc temperature °C 800
Maximum pedal load [Kg] 80

BRAKING 04
Initial speed [Km/h] 310
Final speed [Km/h] 160
Stopping distance [m] 170
Braking time [sec] 2.5
Maximum deceleration[g] 4
Maximum disc temperature °C 850
Maximum pedal load [Kg] 85

BRAKING 05
Initial speed [Km/h] 310
Final speed [Km/h] 105
Stopping distance [m] 160
Braking time [sec] 3.8
Maximum deceleration[g] 5
Maximum disc temperature °C 1000
Maximum pedal load [Kg] 90

Refer to attachment

source: http://www.f1complete.com/index.php?opt ... ew&id=5756

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: **Turkish Gp 08 Rd 5 Videos** FP1 FP2 FP3 QLF ^_^
PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 18:54  
F1 Driver

Picture not vid, sorry. I sort of think Alonso un-intentionally blocked, but make up your own mind.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 19:03  

hmmmm, intriguing. OK, they said its unintentional, but thats serious blocking!!!! IMO no action should be taken as Ferrari didnt come out crying like BMW did in Malaysia.

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 19:08  
F1 Driver

phil1993 wrote:
hmmmm, intriguing. OK, they said its unintentional, but thats serious blocking!!!! IMO no action should be taken as Ferrari didnt come out crying like BMW did in Malaysia.

BMW had every right to "cry" in Malaysia. It was incredibly dangerous. I think Alonso should be punished, regardless whether he did it on purpose. McLaren blocked BMW+Renault in Malaysia which was un-intentional, so why shouldn't Alonso be punished?
 Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next