2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Locked

Who will win the Turkish Grand Prix

Poll ended at 09 May 2008, 19:33

Kimi Raikkonen
43
57%
Felipe Massa
22
29%
Nick Heidfeld
0
No votes
Robert Kubica
3
4%
Lewis Hamilton
7
9%
Other
1
1%
 
Total votes: 76

User avatar
McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 317
Joined: 19 Sep 2006, 20:21
Location: Turkey-Istanbul

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by McLaren-F1 » 09 May 2008, 14:06

Hamilton's slide in Turn 8 was really incredible and in that lap he made his best lap i think he lost 0.2 0.3 there but what makes me surprised is that he didn't lose the control of the car and continued his hot lap..
4ever McLaren...

e10rice
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 118
Joined: 02 May 2008, 14:24
Location: Norfolk, Virginia

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by e10rice » 09 May 2008, 14:11

Well it didn't look like Kimi was going to have a good day but he went out in P2 and showed what he could do even on the hard tries. I hope all is well with his trans. I was really concerned when P2 came on the TV this morning cause that was the top story. Just like always something bad always happens to Kimi after such a great race two weeks ago.
Go Kimi Go!!!!

User avatar
Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 264
Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 17:43

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by Lilellatho » 09 May 2008, 15:00

xyneid wrote:
Lilellatho wrote:Cool, have a great time on Sunday. :cool: And be prepared to tell us all the details :cheezy:
Anyway, have you been at this GP in the past years too?

Thanks :) I'll take photo as mush as I can and watch the paddock with my binoculars :cheezy:


Sweeeeet, so does that mean you will be seated near the start/finish line or sth? Be sure to wave to the cameras if they catch you. :p

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by megasyxx » 09 May 2008, 17:28

even at engine-2 and gearbox-4, the ferrari's are still the quickest. i hope they won't suffer any reliability problems
Image

karkai6
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 41
Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 12:56

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by karkai6 » 09 May 2008, 18:14

Watch out for Hamilton.. He s a wounded tiger now.. He has the best possible motivation to giv his very best after hiss less than starry start..

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 865
Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 15:03

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by MP4/4#12 » 09 May 2008, 18:39

Nakajima is doing well, Kubica faster than Heidfeld once again. Mclaren and Ferrari are very close, but let`s wait for tomorow. Curious about what Alonso will do on qualifying.

User avatar
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2476
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 09 May 2008, 19:10

Lilellatho wrote:Sweeeeet, so does that mean you will be seated near the start/finish line or sth? Be sure to wave to the cameras if they catch you. :p

Well, no :blink:
I'll be on the grass or any place nearer to paddock. I'll go for the first time, actually I don't know the complex. Binoculars is definitely what I needed :)

I'll hold a paper written "F1Zone" if cameras catch me !yahoo:
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 09 May 2008, 19:19

make the banner big - unfortunately i'll miss quali cos of my school's fayre, but i'll look out for ya in the race!!!! :)

User avatar
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2476
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 09 May 2008, 19:22

phil1993 wrote:make the banner big - unfortunately i'll miss quali cos of my school's fayre, but i'll look out for ya in the race!!!! :)

Yes, a big one :)

Or maybe I should reconsider the banner thing. Bernie may also see it :)
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

User avatar
hhalis007
car driver
car driver
Posts: 19
Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 22:13
Location: turkiye-istanbul park

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by hhalis007 » 09 May 2008, 19:24

I`ll go the race first time
I went to BMW sauber pit lane park today it is amazing to see the cars very closely
also I wachted the Marki Asmer show with his car who is the test pilot of bmw
xyneid maybe we will see each other :cheezy:

User avatar
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2476
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 09 May 2008, 19:28

hhalis007 wrote:I`ll go the race first time
I went to BMW sauber pit lane park today it is amazing to see the cars very closely
also I wachted the Marki Asmer show with his car who is the test pilot of bmw
xyneid maybe we will see each other :cheezy:

Oh yes, First come, first served !yahoo:
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 09 May 2008, 19:32

xyneid wrote:
phil1993 wrote:make the banner big - unfortunately i'll miss quali cos of my school's fayre, but i'll look out for ya in the race!!!! :)

Yes, a big one :)

Or maybe I should reconsider the banner thing. Bernie may also see it :)


screw Bernie, just have 'F1ZONE' on it, not 'F1ZONE.NET' and he wont suspect a thing. or just have it say something like 'this is xyneid'

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 865
Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 15:03

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by MP4/4#12 » 09 May 2008, 19:32

Great stuff guys, enjoy it ! Hey xyneid you could put a nazi costume and some message supporting Mosley, i`m sure you would be on tv. lol
Seriously, i`ll be looking closely to the f1zone banner. How`s the weather in there ?

User avatar
Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 264
Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 17:43

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by Lilellatho » 09 May 2008, 19:34

xyneid wrote:
Lilellatho wrote:Sweeeeet, so does that mean you will be seated near the start/finish line or sth? Be sure to wave to the cameras if they catch you. :p

Well, no :blink:
I'll be on the grass or any place nearer to paddock. I'll go for the first time, actually I don't know the complex. Binoculars is definitely what I needed :)

I'll hold a paper written "F1Zone" if cameras catch me !yahoo:


Oh, I see, well you'll still be able to see, hear and smell the F1 cars, unlike most of us :cool: I hate you :p

And you're right, you may wanna recosider the idea of the banner or Bernie will be all over this site from Monday :nosweat:

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 09 May 2008, 19:35

MP4/4#12 wrote:Great stuff guys, enjoy it ! Hey xyneid you could put a nazi costume and some message supporting Mosley, i`m sure you would be on tv. lol
Seriously, i`ll be looking closely to the f1zone banner. How`s the weather in there ?


..or something like, 'MAX: How much did you pay them!!!!' (stay out of the nazi stuff though, could get dodgy!)


...or enoZ1F.. the backwards thing!!!!! cameras will look at you as theyll think ur a retard!!!

Locked