2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Locked

Who do you think will win the Gran Premio de Espana?

Poll ended at 25 Apr 2008, 13:33

Kimi Raikkonen
42
49%
Nick Heidfeld
2
2%
Lewis Hamilton
12
14%
Robert Kubica
11
13%
Heikki Kovalainen
2
2%
Felipe Massa
14
16%
Other
3
3%
 
Total votes: 86

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by iceman1 » 27 Apr 2008, 04:57

Alonso may be light but he same as most of other drivers will make 2 pit stops,How he finishes the race depends on where on track will he appear after making his first stop!!

Sennadobrasil
car driver
car driver
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Apr 2008, 05:03

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by Sennadobrasil » 27 Apr 2008, 05:07

either Massa or Kimi will win, BMW will complete the podium.

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by Zack » 27 Apr 2008, 05:40

I think ..fuel level (low to high)
Alonso 14
Hamilton 17
Heikki 18
Kimi 19
Kubica 20
Massa 20

We have seen so far Ferrari have good starts ..so i think Massa will pass alonso @ start and Kubica will try to overtake him after that :p

I would like massa to stay cool and not try to attack kimi :/
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

User avatar
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1199
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by Sanredrose » 27 Apr 2008, 05:46

Massa has to attack Kimi, or else he would again be relegated to the position of second driver. He is now 9 points behind him, so whatever he scores more than Kimi is extremely important to keep him in the hunt.

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by phil1993 » 27 Apr 2008, 06:01

"Renault engineering director Pat Symonds admitted that his drivers Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet are on significantly different strategies for this afternoon's race - Piquet running a more conservative heavy fuel load and Alonso an aggressive light fuel load.

"Obviously there's some strategy involved in the qualifying result but I'm happy to see the fruit of what we've been working on the past few months and it's great to see that Nelson is in the top ten for the first time," Symonds said.

"I don't think it's any secret that they're not both on the same strategy," he admitted. "It's a question of how each driver can use their strategy and Nelson still needs to learn and get the races under his belt so it's probably not a good idea to be quite as aggressive with him as we are with Fernando."

"We just want to see some good results and it's nice to be up there and it means a lot to us, but Sunday really counts," he concluded".

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by Zack » 27 Apr 2008, 06:04

sanredrose wrote:Massa has to attack Kimi, or else he would again be relegated to the position of second driver. He is now 9 points behind him, so whatever he scores more than Kimi is extremely important to keep him in the hunt.


Something is better than nothing :p
i mean to say shouldn't risk too much :cheezy:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

User avatar
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1199
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by Sanredrose » 27 Apr 2008, 07:26

Zack wrote:
sanredrose wrote:Massa has to attack Kimi, or else he would again be relegated to the position of second driver. He is now 9 points behind him, so whatever he scores more than Kimi is extremely important to keep him in the hunt.


Something is better than nothing :p
i mean to say shouldn't risk too much :cheezy:


As a Mclaren fan i would be happy to see Massa hunting Kimi, because that basically means Massa would make some mistake and go out. Esp sector 3 where Massa seems to miss TC more than any other driver in the park. Moreover the top 7 cars are split by 0.2 seconds, which i would call as very close. We really can't justify who is quicker than the other except for Kimi who has qualified himself to a position where he can't finish anywhere other than P1 until something goes wrong in the race !

User avatar
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1199
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by Sanredrose » 27 Apr 2008, 07:29

phil1993 wrote:"Renault engineering director Pat Symonds admitted that his drivers Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet are on significantly different strategies for this afternoon's race - Piquet running a more conservative heavy fuel load and Alonso an aggressive light fuel load.

"Obviously there's some strategy involved in the qualifying result but I'm happy to see the fruit of what we've been working on the past few months and it's great to see that Nelson is in the top ten for the first time," Symonds said.

"I don't think it's any secret that they're not both on the same strategy," he admitted. "It's a question of how each driver can use their strategy and Nelson still needs to learn and get the races under his belt so it's probably not a good idea to be quite as aggressive with him as we are with Fernando."

"We just want to see some good results and it's nice to be up there and it means a lot to us, but Sunday really counts," he concluded".


These Renault guys can't be trusted. They can probably slot Fernando right between Kimi and any other driver who is chasing him down. So Massa / Hamilton / Kubica , all three should watch out for Fernando on their mirrors and strategy. They should plan to get ahead of him or else they are going to be pained !! I don't think Renault can hold on Kimi for a long time even if Alonso snatched Pole position at the start ....

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by phil1993 » 27 Apr 2008, 07:31

i think that whatever fernando says, he will want to be P1 into turn 1 and will probably try another one of his do-or-die moves. If he stays 2nd, he could benefit Hamilton, who i think will stop 2 laps later than kubica and massa.

User avatar
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1199
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by Sanredrose » 27 Apr 2008, 07:56

phil1993 wrote:i think that whatever fernando says, he will want to be P1 into turn 1 and will probably try another one of his do-or-die moves. If he stays 2nd, he could benefit Hamilton, who i think will stop 2 laps later than kubica and massa.


I hope Fernando piles up the entire pack behind him. That would improve chances of Mclaren / BMW to fight for the race win ...

User avatar
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1199
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by Sanredrose » 27 Apr 2008, 07:58

But having said that i don't think Kimi can be contained easily. Even if he slips behind Alonso at the start he would definitely pass in the Sector 3.

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by phil1993 » 27 Apr 2008, 07:58

yeah, that would be cool- gp2 style!!

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by phil1993 » 27 Apr 2008, 08:10

just a reminder - GP2 sprint race starts soon live on ITV4 in the UK

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by Fergie1 » 27 Apr 2008, 08:29

phil1993 wrote:i think that whatever fernando says, he will want to be P1 into turn 1 and will probably try another one of his do-or-die moves. If he stays 2nd, he could benefit Hamilton, who i think will stop 2 laps later than kubica and massa.

I wouldn't bet against his do or die move ending up something like last years. Even if they have taken the gravel away.
Image

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by phil1993 » 27 Apr 2008, 08:44

yeah, cos it will be less costly if he does it this year

Locked