2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Who do you think will win the Gran Premio de Espana?

Poll ended at 25 Apr 2008, 13:33

Kimi Raikkonen
49%
Nick Heidfeld
2%
Lewis Hamilton
14%
Robert Kubica
13%
Heikki Kovalainen
2%
Felipe Massa
16%
Other
3%

Total votes: 86

neilbmehta
car driver
car driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix , Gran Premio de España

Post by neilbmehta » 28 Apr 2008, 22:54

Considering that gravel doesnot really slow a car down.,....as seen time and again.....why do they not have asphalt run off areas which are better....

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 29 Apr 2008, 05:44

neilbmehta wrote:Considering that gravel doesnot really slow a car down.,....as seen time and again.....why do they not have asphalt run off areas which are better....
Gravel is use to reduce the speed of the car,
but if they use asphalt maybe Heikki will be got injured or maybe worse than that :sad: ,

because asphalt doesn't slow a car at all

so, Gravel is the best choice

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 29 Apr 2008, 06:53

raikkonen4ever wrote:
neilbmehta wrote:Considering that gravel doesnot really slow a car down.,....as seen time and again.....why do they not have asphalt run off areas which are better....
but if they use asphalt maybe Heikki will be got injured or maybe worse than that :sad: ,

It is not an easy choice... Depends on how the car is moving. Gravel is more for cars spinning, but when a car has a direct trajectory, as heikki, gravel does nothing... you are just a passanger. And I think asphalt reduce the speed if the pilot is breaking, and also allow to change trajectory, and you cannot do these things in gravel. In Heikki accident, with asphalt maybe he could have done more for stopping the car or for changing trajectory.... I prefer asphalt... but I also think there is a lot of work to do to improve safety in racing..

GalinaRUS
car driver
car driver

Post by GalinaRUS » 29 Apr 2008, 07:09

raikkonen4ever wrote:
neilbmehta wrote:so, Gravel is the best choice
hm....why not a sand? in the dangerous sectors of the track?

Heikki's speed was about 130 km\h in the moment of impact.=(

ps.I have read the information that he discharged from hospital yesterday evening. :roll::

(sorry for my bad english)
"Kimi will do just fine at Ferrari -better than fine.Once thay've accepted that he's Kimi,not a Schumi,thay'll learn to love him.Because he's easy to understand and therefore to love:a big talent who just enjoys what he is doing."(c)Alex Wurz.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 29 Apr 2008, 09:58

GalinaRUS wrote:
raikkonen4ever wrote:
neilbmehta wrote:so, Gravel is the best choice
hm....why not a sand? in the dangerous sectors of the track?

Heikki's speed was about 130 km\h in the moment of impact.=(

ps.I have read the information that he discharged from hospital yesterday evening. :roll::

(sorry for my bad english)
Oh, that's a great idea i think if they use a sand Heikki's car would be trapped on that sand without hitting the tyrewall

Yeah and he experienced 26g crash, he said that he got a headache after that crash, hope he will be back in Turkey :pray:

Schumfs
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Schumfs » 29 Apr 2008, 10:10

Thank God he had only a headache after this crash :)
Let's hope he is entirely OK and race at Turkey.
Racing... Because football, basketball, volleyball... Requires ONE ball!!!

Alex.J.
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Alex.J. » 29 Apr 2008, 11:47

Gravel is best when a car is spinning and so it sinks into it and looses a lot of speed, in Heikki's incident he was going in a straight line that's why is didn't have a lot of effect........... &doh
As I walked through it Sunday evening, I couldn’t help but be amazed by the scale of this operation and the thousands of man hours that go into entertaining us for a couple of hours, 17 times a year.

kimifantuga
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kimifantuga » 29 Apr 2008, 16:06

there the most worrying was the question of what happened ...
discuss this and waste time ...
because in hamilton barhain also beat strong and tar only helped a bit ...
when are we going so much speed to be slowed on the track before leaving because ... below is as lucky you have.

f199
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f199 » 29 Apr 2008, 16:55

phil1993 wrote:was it just me or were the marshals a little slow yesterday - not just heikkis crash, but the yellow flags were out for an age when piquet crashed and rosberg retired
Rosberg was on the pit straight so it needs to go over the pit lane.

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 29 Apr 2008, 17:16

raikkonen4ever wrote:

Sorry, but asphalt is better choice, because drivers can brake in it and on thet way they can stop the car and again, as seen in Heikki's accident, gravel didn't slow speed that much in the end, ok it slowed speed down a little over 100 kphm/h (from 240 kph to 130 kph) But gravel isn't good choice why? Think that yourself.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Apr 2008, 17:18

but equally, heikki was powerless to stop.

by the way, on the itv telextext 'have your say', some guy suggested that you should put water in the gravel trap!! or have track, gravel, water, wall to slow the car down!

sampras25
car driver
car driver

Post by sampras25 » 29 Apr 2008, 21:05

Good race, solid 1-2 from the scuderia. I give this grandprix a 7 on a scale of 10, mainly because of Alonso and the winning ferrari`s.

Soyyo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soyyo » 30 Apr 2008, 07:04

Good rice, I gave it a 7 .
Worst part Kovalainen accident. Excelent for Ferrari with its second 1-2.
I think Renault should be saying "What were we thinking when we hire Piquet? ... Piquet is his own worst enemy.
Hope that Sebastian Vettel gets to finish Turkish GP.
I still don't think that Renault has made enough progress to be in the fight for points.
Spain was not a good race from which you could draw conclusion related to progress with the different teams, it was not a typical race, the safety car was deploy twice and that help to maintain a very compact race. Maybe we could see the real progress at the Turkish GP

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 30 Apr 2008, 14:21

Raikkonen says: "Nearly Perfect"
Formula1.com wrote:Following his storming run from pole position to race victory in Sunday’s Spanish Grand Prix, Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen has spoken of his joy of winning the Barcelona race and about why he believes his performance could remain a career highlight for years to come.

“It was a perfect weekend for us in Barcelona,” explained Raikkonen. “We were going really fast all the time and we didn't have the slightest problem. Many times I have won and afterwards still had the feeling that it could have gone better. This time I did not have that feeling: this was probably the best weekend I've ever had in my career.”

The Finn posted the fastest times in both Friday practice sessions and on Saturday beat local hero Fernando Alonso to pole by a tenth of a second. But it was during Sunday’s race where he really showed his mettle, leading from the start line, and keeping a cool head despite the two safety car periods.

In this business you're not able to reach perfection, but this time we came pretty close,” he continued. “We started strongly on Friday's practice and we finished even stronger on Sunday. All the things we've brought onto the track worked out just fine and we also improved the speed of the car.”
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 30 Apr 2008, 18:46

According to me it was perfect ..everything was under control!
May be he knows something that we will never know :cheezy:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO