It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 01:45

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 13:46  
F1 Routinier

Great result :thumbsup: Massa won when he wasn't on pole, proving everyone wrong !yahoo: (Hamilton has never won from anywhere other than pole)

Don't know if Alonso did make Hamilton deliberately hit him, but if he did it was pretty skillful to do so whilst he himself sustained so little damage.

Heidfeld now 2nd in drivers! BMW lead constructors! BMW defo second best team today :cool:

Flag:## Flag:## Flag:##

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 13:48  
F1 Legend

The most consistent driver so far has been Heidfeild
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 13:53  

Heidfeld has always been consistent. Last season he had many consecutive fourth places. :wink:

Anyway, no need to insult Alonso. :roll:: He's doing his own race too and I don't think he would ruin his race on purpose as it's quite a miracle his car didn't suffer any damage.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 13:54  
Kart Champion

Indeed iceman1. I totally agree.
They have done a great job so far.
Really big congrats for BMW's.
As for my team, it was a "secure" win. Really great job from Ferrari also.
Great start from both our drivers.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 13:56  
F1 Legend

Great job from Massa. Must say now that we know he had more fuel on I am a wee bit shocked how much quicker that Kimi he was.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:04  
F1 Routinier

Yeah it was surprising, Kimi didn't seem completely on form.

Fisi did a good job :D

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:05  
F1 Legend

AzShadow wrote:

Anyway, no need to insult Alonso. :roll:: He's doing his own race too and I don't think he would ruin his race on purpose as it's quite a miracle his car didn't suffer any damage.

From Hamiltons onboard camera it didn't look like Alonso brakes or slowed suddenly.
Lewis took a lot more speed through the chicane than Alonso and that’s what caused him to catch up.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:09  
GP2 Driver

Solid 1-2 finish for the Ferraris, finally!!! :thumbsup:

Great job, Felipe, fast and consistent throughout the race this time and it did the job, didn't it? Nice start.And his first win from outside pole position...Good job. :thumbsup:

Kimi with a solid 2nd place, good start too and nice passes on Kovi and Kubi. Couldn't really match Felipe's pace all weekend, but was quite close to him esp. in the second stint. But he knew that with the strategy he had and with Felipe's pace, he couldn't do much more and settled for 2nd. And he was quite happy about it on the podium and in the PC, so it's a good result for him too...And leading the championship, yay :thumbsup:

Kubica and the whole BMW team, wow, I'm surprised by their improving performance time and time again. And they really were quite close to the Ferraris, keep it up guys. :thumbsup: Happy for Kubi :cheezy:

Kovi, mah, wasn't really visible in the race, but where the heck was that pace in the beginning of the race. A WTF moment for me when he set fastest lap, what, like 0'5 sec faster that the Ferraris :blink:

I won't even say more on Hamilton as his fans around here might jump me... :p Just poor, poor job. But seeing Aloso in front of him at that stage, I just knew trouble was ahead :nosweat:

All in all, it was an enjoyable race, at least for me.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:10  
car driver

Massa gave a good answer to those who thought he was not a deserving driver to be in the ferrari team.Congrats Massa.
Alonso always will be a looser coz of his jealous nature. :thumbsup:

MNJ
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:10  
Kart Champion

Massa's first win not starting from pole! yeah! :D

Shame on Hamilton, 2 races showing a car with a bad setup. (Alonso anyone?)
I think hamilton's pace will be bad until silverstone, when alonso decided not to give any setup information to him.

well, I think massa is going to make a 3 win streak on the following races. Spain and Turkey.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:11  
GP2 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
AzShadow wrote:

From Hamiltons onboard camera it didn't look like Alonso brakes or slowed suddenly.
Lewis took a lot more speed through the chicane than Alonso and that’s what caused him to catch up.

I agree, it just looked odd. Need to see a replay though. But it just seemed that Hamilton just rammed into him, not even trying to avoid him.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:14  
F1 Legend

Lilellatho wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
AzShadow wrote:

I agree, it just looked odd. Need to see a replay though. But it just seemed that Hamilton just rammed into him, not even trying to avoid him.

Mclaren says they think Alonso did something wrong but they dont want to protest it because there is no point
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:17  
GP2 Driver

Ok guys, I'm not bashing Hamilton, but WTF was with all those hand gestures at Fisi and the other guys he was passing at the back? :blink: You're racing for position dear Lewie, what, do you just expect them to invite you through? :wave: Sigh...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:17  
F1 Rookie

great job of felipe massa and also of the BMW Sauber Team. They're now leading the WCCC with 1 point ahead of Ferrari. Hopefully they can repeat their pace in Spain

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 14:21  
GP2 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
Lilellatho wrote:

Mclaren says they think Alonso did something wrong but they dont want to protest it because there is no point

BTW, did you notice Ron's face after he saw that incident? :nosweat: It was on the ITV highlights at the end of the race. Quite, erm, interesting. :p
 Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 37  Next