It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 23:42

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 13:22  

Quote:

f1.gpupdate.net:

Massa blames traffic for missing pole
05 April 2008 / Results / Photos

Felipe Massa blamed traffic on his final two flying laps for missing out on pole position to Robert Kubica. The Brazilian was favourite for first place on the grid, but said he got stuck behind other cars in the pole shootout.

"I did incredible laps during the whole weekend and the car has been perfect all the time and just in Q3 was the only time I was always behind another car," Massa said.

"My first flying lap was all the time behind Nico Rosberg," he added. "The second lap I was stuck in traffic too. It's a shame because we have a strong car and could have been on pole, but we have a fantastic car and can show what we can do tomorrow."

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 13:26  
kart driver

First non-ferrari/mclaren pole position since shanghai 2006!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 13:32  
car driver

rohammer92 wrote:
First non-ferrari/mclaren pole position since shanghai 2006!

Exactlly! How many races is that? 22 if I can well remember :-)

Congrats for BMW and Kubica of course! :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 14:03  
F1 Legend

Fantastic pole for Robert, and no doubt the first of many
Usually you can gauge performance based on Q2 times Kimi was much slower than Massa, so kimi running very heavy ? :roll::
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 14:04  

iceman1 wrote:
Fantastic pole for Robert, and no doubt the first of many
Usually you can gauge performance based on Q2 times Kimi was much slower than Massa, so kimi running very heavy ? :roll::

My guess at fuel loads (lightest to heaviest)

Robert
Lewis
Felipe
Kimi

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 14:10  
GP2 Driver

Great job from Kubica, congrats! :wave:

I hope he's not too light though, seems like the BMW guys take in turns to be heavy - light this year and this time it's Kubicas turn to be light. I really hope he does well in the race.

Hamilton in the spare car, without having a chance to get the set-up perfect before qualy, did very well too.

Only thing that surprised me was Kimi's relative lack of speed all through qualy, and even if he was a bit heavier than Massa in Q3 he should have been up there. :huh:

Trulli, Button and Rosberg proves once again that they are faster than their teammates.

And Alonso once again forces a pile of junk into Q3...Hope he can beat Button tomorrow, :pray: the others are out of reach if they don't break down or mess up. :sad:

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 14:54  
Kart Champion

Suntrek wrote:

I hope he's not too light though, seems like the BMW guys take in turns to be heavy

well, it seems that THIS TIME is Nick's turn to play guinea pig and deal with "risky" strategy, which was the case for Robert so many times before.
And about his fuel load: Rampf is saying that they counted on P3 - so obviously they didn't fuel him THAT light.
Of course Massa's f&%#'up helped... but in the end a VERY good position for the race tomorrow...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 14:55  
Kart Champion

oh, and BTW...
NICE gesture from Alonso, who waited for Kubica after quali, to congratulate him...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 14:57  
GP2 Driver

Yes, the Ferraris are still favourite for the race win tomorrow, although Massa would have been disappointed at not getting the pole. All credit to Kubica and BMW for the pole position, great job.

I expect a high attrition rate tomorrow, brake wear is going to be an major issue.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 15:03  
car driver

In my opinion Massa is so determined to at least finish the race that he won't push Kubica too much before first turn. What is more Lewis can take an advantage cause this as well.

Anyway, it's gonna by interesting tomorrow.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 15:06  
car driver

color wrote:
oh, and BTW...
NICE gesture from Alonso, who waited for Kubica after quali, to congratulate him...

Of course! He is happy that Robert has beaten Lewis first of all :cool:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 15:16  
Kart Champion

rudin wrote:
color wrote:
oh, and BTW...

yeah that, and they are the biggest friends on the grid, according to SPANISH media...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 15:17  
F1 Legend

Louise Goodman's interview with Jacques Villeneuve on ITV was quite amusing, with Jacques refusing to be drawn into mentioning Lewis Hamilton.

LG So Jacques, have you see anyone who has impressed you since you retired from F1 in '06?

JV Yeah, Kimi surprised me in the second half of last year. Massa was excellent as well. And of course, Alonso was great as ever. :nosweat: :nosweat:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 15:19  
GP2 Driver

color wrote:
Suntrek wrote:

I hope he's not too light though, seems like the BMW guys take in turns to be heavy

well, it seems that THIS TIME is Nick's turn to play guinea pig and deal with "risky" strategy, which was the case for Robert so many times before.
And about his fuel load: Rampf is saying that they counted on P3 - so obviously they didn't fuel him THAT light.
Of course Massa's f&%#'up helped... but in the end a VERY good position for the race tomorrow...

Agreed, last year Robert often got the sharp end of the stick. This year seems different at least judging from Aus & Mal (maybe too few to build a theory on, but anyway :cheezy: )

Aus: RK pit lap 16, NH lap 21.
Mal: RK pit lap 21, NH lap 17.

So around lap 17-18 maybe? that's not TOO light, IMO. Either way I'll keep my fingers crossed for him tomorrow! :p

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 15:25  
GP2 Driver

color wrote:
rudin wrote:
color wrote:
oh, and BTW...

yeah that, and they are the biggest friends on the grid, according to SPANISH media...

They are good friends, Alonso told about him phoning Robert at the hospital after his accident in Canada last year and when Robert answered he was already out of there, and told Alonso he couldn't talk on the phone because he was driving!

Alonso almost fainted. :@:2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 37  Next