2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by Arrows_F1 » 30 Mar 2008, 16:43

i hope that ferrari will make a good result, but the mclarens have a good pace so it won't be easy for the ferraris

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 30 Mar 2008, 17:06

i predict: normal boring race! :nosweat: :p
Ferrari will lead and mclaren wont be able catch them under normal circumstances.As always BMW will be hungry for any podium opportunity! rest will same ..one can only expect some mix up at below this level!

i hope Massa to open his wdc points account with win and finally ferrari can seal 1-2!
Kimi will have his chance for pole!

One more DNF for Massa could be severe...
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 30 Mar 2008, 17:15

Can Ferrari hold on to their performance at Malaysia?

Yupp,they do have the pace and if they have d reliability which ws there in malaysia then mostly it will be ferrari all the way race...Certainly hope so..[:d]
Can Massa finally get a good result?
Yeah,its a distinct possibility..since he won last year...And F2008 surely have everything reqd to win a race...
What role is BMW Sauber going to play?
It will be crucial role..Like always they will be best of the rest...Bt i m quite sure that they also ll face some serious competition from Toyota this race weekend who tested with ferrari this year...
Will there be rain?
I dont think there is any rain around..Bt who knows...If it rains then it ll be a heck of race for sure..
Who crash into the barriers again?
I guess the torro-rosso and Red Bull....later is facing some problems in safety,so its distinct possibility..

counter1405
car driver
car driver

Post by counter1405 » 31 Mar 2008, 09:30

This is a fantastic race in Bahrain!!
hopes ferraris' engine will not have problem!!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 31 Mar 2008, 12:42

Seems the FIA have decided to go with the original plan, and Mclaren will be bumped down to the bottom end of the pitlane for the upcoming Bahrain GP, according to the Gulf Daily News

Balthazar
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Balthazar » 31 Mar 2008, 20:36

To expand on iceman's comments apparently the Bahrain GP organizers try to put the fans for the team in front of their respective pit on the grandstand (not sure how they go about this, when you buy your ticket or what) so the organizers sold a bunch of tickets to McLaren fans (remember Bahraini's have a big investment in McLaren) to be across from the 5th pit stall then F~0~M came along and said, nah we want McLaren at the back of pitlane.

I wonder if this is more politicking to weaken Ron Dennis' position even more. We all know the rumours that flew at the beginning of the year. If I remember correctly, one of the reasons that the McLaren's were given the 5th pit stall was because it was deemed too difficulty to entertain McLaren's sponsors and guests with the limited space at the slow end of pit lane. So it seems very suspicious that at the home event for one of McLaren's primary investors F~0~M decides to reneg their agreement.

Just my foil hat thinking for you....

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 31 Mar 2008, 21:28

Just want to add, rain is possible in Bahrain as it rained a few times leading up to the Grand Prix last year when I was there.

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 31 Mar 2008, 21:49

Fergie1 wrote:Just want to add, rain is possible in Bahrain as it rained a few times leading up to the Grand Prix last year when I was there.
of course it is POSSIBLE... but highly UNLIKELY, don't you agree?

villafan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by villafan » 31 Mar 2008, 23:26

One of the best tracks of the year in terms of overtaking spots, just look back on the previous two races we've had here (cant imagine heidfeld even havin a go at alonso at barcelona for example). I predict a good race, watch out for BMW. I fancy them to do well here, if they can lock out the front row in Q3 it would really open up the race.

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 01 Apr 2008, 06:39

iceman1 wrote:Seems the FIA have decided to go with the original plan, and Mclaren will be bumped down to the bottom end of the pitlane for the upcoming Bahrain GP, according to the Gulf Daily News
that should have happened from day 1 they got no points last year so they should be position accordingly in the pit lane just like force india or what not would be

dont get me wrong mclaren is my favorite team but fair is fair

benjamine
car driver
car driver

Post by benjamine » 01 Apr 2008, 07:10

kimi will be monster in the desert. i think lets not forget the bmw's.

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 01 Apr 2008, 08:11

I'm loving the Ferrari vs BMW vs Mclaren battle that seems to be shaping up. TOO BAD FOR FERRARI THOUGH GOT THAT DISGRACE MASSA ONBOARD. What a waste of a race seat! Hell anyone would be better than him. He has no personality whatsoever.

Btw, respect to Fernando Alonso for driving that Renault in ways nobody else can. He is definitely proving his valor this year. The fact he can outdrive Heikki in Australia, and also maintain in the points finish in Malaysia, is proof to me why he is a 2x champion. I used to hate his guts last year. This year after 2 races I've got nothing but respect for the man.

Looking forward to the Bahrain race. Just 2 days left!

mack83
car driver
car driver

Post by mack83 » 01 Apr 2008, 12:03

I hope that winner will be Lewis but it will be very hard. Also I have to add that this track is one of my non-favourites :roll::

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 01 Apr 2008, 13:15

benjamine wrote:kimi will be monster in the desert. i think lets not forget the bmw's.
Dont forget that kimi isn't that good in Bahrain if you look at the stats.

but you wont see many crashes there is so much space :sad:

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 01 Apr 2008, 15:31

color wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:Just want to add, rain is possible in Bahrain as it rained a few times leading up to the Grand Prix last year when I was there.
of course it is POSSIBLE... but highly UNLIKELY, don't you agree?
Well, no not really sometimes. It rained quite a few days when I was there for 2 weeks and nothing strange was going on with the weather.