2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by Suntrek » 05 Apr 2008, 23:35

xman2331 wrote:Why can't Kubica win? They have been 2nd for the past two races and remember during qualifying in Australia even with that huge slide Kubica made at the end he still got the provisional pole.

BMW all the way. I'm tired of seeing Massa's constipated face. And Lewis is good and all, but I'm really pulling for a 3 way battle in the championship this year. BMW can make their mark tomorrow.

Go Robert!
Race pace-wise I think BMW is still a little behind both Ferrari and McLaren, so I don't think Kubica can win. Maybe with lots of luck. I hope he does though! Flag:##

My bet is still on Kimi, unless he's ill and that ear infection really is causing him trouble.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 06 Apr 2008, 00:14

I think Massa will bin it. Again. He just gets too hot headed under pressure. I expect at least one big crash at the start as well towards the back.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 06 Apr 2008, 00:33

xman2331 wrote:Why can't Kubica win? They have been 2nd for the past two races and remember during qualifying in Australia even with that huge slide Kubica made at the end he still got the provisional pole.

BMW all the way. I'm tired of seeing Massa's constipated face. And Lewis is good and all, but I'm really pulling for a 3 way battle in the championship this year. BMW can make their mark tomorrow.

Go Robert!
Kubica can definitely win. But we need to see how the entire BMW team works tomorrow. If strategy, planning, pit work and in lap and out lap all come in good fashion ... then no one can stop Kubica from winning. But if the Safety car hits the track then the race becomes wide open.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 06 Apr 2008, 00:36

xman2331 wrote:Congrats to Kubica! Definitely well deserved.

I can't stand Massa he is one cocky pathetic SOB. What is with this cocky "Oh I've done amazing laps all the time but traffic killed me" bullcrap? You notice Peter Windsor only asked him one question and moved straight to Lewis. He is not fit to be a Ferrari driver. I hope tomorrow he chokes again so we can see his cocky ass show his constipated look.

I hope tomorrow's result will be Kubica 1, Lewis 2, Kimi 3.
Finally i am seeing a person who loaths Massa. Congrats man .. I too feel he is not fit to drive the Ferrari. He can't digest the fact that Kimi was a better driver in malay 08 and now in quals Kubica was better than him. Stop complaining and look at where to improve. Kimi qualified behind Massa / Hamilton .. but that fellow is going to be thinking of ways to pass all three of them and go on to race lead .. i think thats what Massa should also be thinking instead of rumbling !! Traffic ???? I think tis problem was eliminated by FIA by changing qualifying rules ...

Schumfs
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Schumfs » 06 Apr 2008, 00:50

sanredrose wrote:
xman2331 wrote:Congrats to Kubica! Definitely well deserved.

I can't stand Massa he is one cocky pathetic SOB. What is with this cocky "Oh I've done amazing laps all the time but traffic killed me" bullcrap? You notice Peter Windsor only asked him one question and moved straight to Lewis. He is not fit to be a Ferrari driver. I hope tomorrow he chokes again so we can see his cocky ass show his constipated look.

I hope tomorrow's result will be Kubica 1, Lewis 2, Kimi 3.
Finally i am seeing a person who loaths Massa. Congrats man .. I too feel he is not fit to drive the Ferrari. He can't digest the fact that Kimi was a better driver in malay 08 and now in quals Kubica was better than him. Stop complaining and look at where to improve. Kimi qualified behind Massa / Hamilton .. but that fellow is going to be thinking of ways to pass all three of them and go on to race lead .. i think thats what Massa should also be thinking instead of rumbling !! Traffic ???? I think tis problem was eliminated by FIA by changing qualifying rules ...
Indeed its not a reason to say it to the press and thinking of it but, mate, as we all seen, what Massa said was true.
There was indeed traffic, but in my opinion, if you are a pro driver, driving for Ferrari and going for championship this year, this should not be an issue.
And I think Felipe needed that pole more than anyone in the grid in that specific moment.
Racing... Because football, basketball, volleyball... Requires ONE ball!!!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 06 Apr 2008, 00:57

Schumfs wrote:
sanredrose wrote:
Indeed its not a reason to say it to the press and thinking of it but, mate, as we all seen, what Massa said was true.
There was indeed traffic, but in my opinion, if you are a pro driver, driving for Ferrari and going for championship this year, this should not be an issue.
And I think Felipe needed that pole more than anyone in the grid in that specific moment.
I agree with you. Felipe needs a victory to overcome his own fear or being bogged down to Kimi. Pole or 2nd shouldn't matter that much. You are still in the front row of the grid. May be he is worried about starting on the dirty side of the track.

But complaining by any means isn't acceptable in F1 ... No second chances ...

Schumfs
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Schumfs » 06 Apr 2008, 01:09

Yeah, I agree.
He is starting 2nd and the first turn is right turn.
If he can overtake Robert before or in the first turn then it will be a massive plus for him in my opinion but it will be difficult as Robert is very weight-free on his BMW and the engine is (from what is being said) the most powerful in grid so to keep him in front.
As I see it after the first turn things will not change especially in the first 3 rows but I wish :pray: to be something like this:
1st:Massa
2nd:Raikonnen
3rd:Kubica
4th:Hamilton,
so Kubica have the pace and the car to keep Lewis behind him for quite a long.
If that happens only that bad luck of Ferrari's can make them lose the race. :cool:
Racing... Because football, basketball, volleyball... Requires ONE ball!!!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 06 Apr 2008, 01:40

Schumfs wrote:Yeah, I agree.
He is starting 2nd and the first turn is right turn.
If he can overtake Robert before or in the first turn then it will be a massive plus for him in my opinion but it will be difficult as Robert is very weight-free on his BMW and the engine is (from what is being said) the most powerful in grid so to keep him in front.
As I see it after the first turn things will not change especially in the first 3 rows but I wish :pray: to be something like this:
1st:Massa
2nd:Raikonnen
3rd:Kubica
4th:Hamilton,
so Kubica have the pace and the car to keep Lewis behind him for quite a long.
If that happens only that bad luck of Ferrari's can make them lose the race. :cool:
I wish to see the converse

1. Hamilton
2. Kovalinen
3. Kubica

So Kubica have the car and pace to push Mclaren & pull away from Ferrari. But the odds on Felipe losing concentration is pretty high. If Kimi roars on the tail of Massa, he would soon make a mistake. Massa can defend anybody at his back except for his team mate !! !yahoo:

joac21
kart driver
kart driver

Post by joac21 » 06 Apr 2008, 02:39

Can Ferrari hold on to their performance at Malaysia?
i think, kimi will, but theres a chance all the pressure massa has on him, make him make a mistake..

Can Massa finally get a good result?
if he does, he will prove than not only is a good driver, also that he has the guts to handle pressure... specially fighting not only vs mclarens,, bmws as well

What role is BMW Sauber going to play?
u think high probabliites of wining

Will there be rain?
will Takuma Sato will win??

Who crash into the barriers again?
Lewis was 3 for 3 in podiums this time last year.....hopefully Massa wouldn't be 3 for 3 for barriers lol lol

joac21
kart driver
kart driver

Post by joac21 » 06 Apr 2008, 02:44

i think bmw HAS the race-pace needed to win a race, nick had the fastest lap last race...

Marissali
car driver
car driver

Post by Marissali » 06 Apr 2008, 02:56

Yay! Kubica on pole... The first non Ferrari / McLaren pole in 22 races!!

prophit
car driver
car driver

Post by prophit » 06 Apr 2008, 03:13

Any thoughts on how having BMW on the heels of the top 2 teams will affect the competition among slower teams?

rainzz
car driver
car driver

Post by rainzz » 06 Apr 2008, 05:28

sanredrose wrote:

Go Robert!
Kubica can definitely win. But we need to see how the entire BMW team works tomorrow. If strategy, planning, pit work and in lap and out lap all come in good fashion ... then no one can stop Kubica from winning. But if the Safety car hits the track then the race becomes wide open.
Yup! Kubica definitely has the chance to win, and give him a break. He really deserved this pole. Actually, BMW deserves it as well. I think BMW has the ability to make the race a 3 way dance. Looking forward to watching it later hehe as for Massa, well no comments on that guy >.<!!

jianh
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by jianh » 06 Apr 2008, 05:57

Hmm, Hamilton crashed during FP2, but did not crashed his engine, how lucky! if not he'll get engine change penalty for sure!

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 06 Apr 2008, 06:17

No he wouldn't, because they use different engines on Fridays.

As for Massa, he's still in the best position to win the race as he has shed loads of fuel with him. It's only about if he can stand the pressure or not. I don't know anything about Kimi's strategy though. He could be heavier than Massa, but how much, that remains to be seen. The start should be very interesting this time.