2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Apr 2008, 12:07

Shame on Massa, he was far the quickest all over the weekend, he threw it away in the mid-sector, 4 tenths slower... Don't know if it was a mistake.. Looks like it was one :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Apr 2008, 12:07

joostlamers wrote:Congrats to Kubica, shame that not all the rules are equal for everyone, Massa and Raikkonen :<>: this is bad!!
I second that! if they get a penalty (each), which in my opinion, they should it would be good for both Kubica and Hamilton.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 05 Apr 2008, 12:08

Great result for Kubica. Massa just on second position. Alonso tenth #Fear . I think it's going to be a very exciting race. :cool:

drift
car driver
car driver

Post by drift » 05 Apr 2008, 12:08

Kubica GREAAATTT!!!
Massa is stupid, he dominated all of Q1, Q2 and most of Q3 until the last few laps! now all he can come away with is P2, huh, Ferrari driver!!

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Apr 2008, 12:10

phil1993 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Congrats to Kubica, shame that not all the rules are equal for everyone, Massa and Raikkonen :<>: this is bad!!
I second that! if they get a penalty (each), which in my opinion, they should it would be good for both Kubica and Hamilton.
Yes it would be :p , I don't see anyone else but Massa win..

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Apr 2008, 12:11

joostlamers: Yes it would be :p , I don't see anyone else but Massa win
yeah, kubica is fuelled very lightly i think.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Apr 2008, 12:14

Kubica for race win !! How about this ?? BMW have proved yet again that they are pretty good enough to challenge the big boys ...

darthfury
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by darthfury » 05 Apr 2008, 12:16

I think Massa is a little bit heavier on fuel than the others and kubica will pit on lap 14 or 15.
Last edited by darthfury on 05 Apr 2008, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Apr 2008, 12:17

phil1993 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Second that!! Punish him!! It's not fair if they don't!!
Live isn't fair. Deal with it!!!. FIA= Ferrari International Assistance :<>:
Superb definition for FIA ...

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 05 Apr 2008, 12:17

I also think Massa will pit later than Kubica, but what about Hamilton ?

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Apr 2008, 12:19

sanredrose wrote:Kubica for race win !! How about this ?? BMW have proved yet again that they are pretty good enough to challenge the big boys ...
Don't think so, I think it will be the same as in Australia, with Hamilton in Kubica, he should have got pole there as well, but he didn't had a chance in the race, think it will be the same but then with, Felipe..

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Apr 2008, 12:20

Chazert wrote:Can Ferrari hold on to their performance at Malaysia?
I am anticipating Ferrari will start to show an advantage over McLaren. BMW, Williams and Toyota will start to become competitive with McLaren.

Can Massa finally get a good result?
He will be completely focused on that, so he could win.

What role is BMW Sauber going to play?
They are very close to McLaren, so they could play a big part in seperating Ferrari and McLaren in the points chases. I am looking for BMW to be very competeive with McLaren this year.

Will there be rain?
Yes, there should be a downpour! Ha!

Who crash into the barriers again?
Hamilton (I hope!)
Now here is the answers to your assumptions ... Kubica beats Ferrari to pole. This means they are very close to Ferrari, in fact right now faster & i am looking for BMW to be competitive with Ferrari / Mclaren.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Apr 2008, 12:27

joostlamers wrote:
sanredrose wrote:Kubica for race win !! How about this ?? BMW have proved yet again that they are pretty good enough to challenge the big boys ...
Don't think so, I think it will be the same as in Australia, with Hamilton in Kubica, he should have got pole there as well, but he didn't had a chance in the race, think it will be the same but then with, Felipe..
I also expect Hamilton to beat both Massa and Kubica. But we should not forget the start of the race tomorrow. It has a hairpin as the very first corner. So anybody who holds on to the inside lane can edge the others to pole. So it all depends on tomorrow's start. Anybody in the top 6 can move on to pole after the first 2 corners.

So strategy changes pretty much after that. If Kubica holds on, then he will have to pit slightly later. Or if Massa / Hamilton pass Kubica then its a different story. If Kov passes all of them ... then its altogether a different story.

But i am expecting atleast one red flag tomorrow. The so called gravel traps are allowing the cars to sail thro to barriers. Wait for our back row boys. One of them goes flying to barriers then everything becomes topsy turvey !!!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Apr 2008, 12:33

sanredrose wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
I also expect Hamilton to beat both Massa and Kubica. But we should not forget the start of the race tomorrow. It has a hairpin as the very first corner. So anybody who holds on to the inside lane can edge the others to pole. So it all depends on tomorrow's start. Anybody in the top 6 can move on to pole after the first 2 corners.

So strategy changes pretty much after that. If Kubica holds on, then he will have to pit slightly later. Or if Massa / Hamilton pass Kubica then its a different story. If Kov passes all of them ... then its altogether a different story.

But i am expecting atleast one red flag tomorrow. The so called gravel traps are allowing the cars to sail thro to barriers. Wait for our back row boys. One of them goes flying to barriers then everything becomes topsy turvey !!!
wouldn't say that there will be a red flag, but possibly a yellow and maybe a safety car

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

POLE ON POLE!!! BMW's first pole!!!

Post by reyhan » 05 Apr 2008, 12:33

http://www.totalf1.com/fullstory/view/2 ... iden_pole/[youtube][/youtube]

great drive by Kubitza :thumbsup: I love this three teams fight
BMW Power