mclaren hard work for hamilton and heiki

bmw fighting with mclaren for 3 to 6 position
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Mar 2008, 14:57

Consider Turn 8 of this track, anybody can crash out. Most susceptible ones are the fellows who are pushing hard. Drivers who look to pass others in Turn 8 can cause havoc by leading to a chain of collisions.

So just one driver's mistake in the first lap at turn 8 is enough to bring red flags at Bahrain !!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Mar 2008, 14:59

Ferrari might be strong at Bahrain, but i doubt whether Massa will have any impact. He seems a bit out of touch in the absence of TC. He might well secure a pole position start, but winning the race would definitely need a lot of hardwork .. considering the fact he started from pole in malaysia and left himself to be a sitting target for kimi ... If he tries to push hard he would definitely take himself out of the race ...

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Mar 2008, 16:00

Lewis has got good memories on this track:
2004 - from 23th to 1st!! :blink:
Hope he can be first again, no matter from what place !yahoo:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Mar 2008, 16:11

joostlamers wrote:Lewis has got good memories on this track:
second that :thumbsup: :cheezy:

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 28 Mar 2008, 16:48

phil1993 wrote:lewis hamilton should do better, one reason for his poor performance in Malaysia was that his water bottle stopped working early in the race
Well, that's one reason, but major reason was that he didn't get good setups for his car at whole weekend, tuote from barrichello and 2006 Australian GP: "I'm struggling like a pig" And Lewis just did that in Malaysia. (Hope he will struggle in Bahrain too)

Can Ferrari hold on to their performance at Malaysia?
Yes they will, and they will be stronger than what they were in Malaysia. THey will show that they are indeed that half a second faster in lap than McLarens, which is what Trulli predicted.
Can Massa finally get a good result?
Hope so.
What role is BMW Sauber going to play?
They will be very close to McLaren, could beat one of them. (Hope it is Hamilton)
Will there be rain?
Sorry? What? In the middle of the desert?
Who crash into the barriers again?
Not again, but first time in this year: Lewis Hamilton! !yahoo: Would be good to drop that guy back to the ground. His success is gone up to his head.
Come on! That was 2004 and totally different car! And if ha has to come from last place from the grid he aint gonna win and you know that. Ferrari's are just too fast to McLarens to catch from back of the grid. (Though, I believe that Ferrari is faster than McLaren. In race distance, And don't try to compare to Australian GP! That GP doesn't work as comparing GP. 1: Ferrari's had to drive in jam all the race, and McLarens had clean track. Also, in Malaysia, Heikki were only McLaren driver who had that clean track in front of him and he continiously losed that half a second to second to Ferraris in one lap. Remember that. You should also remember, that all teams are using same ECU, and McLaren is only team to know that optimal place to it in the car.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Mar 2008, 18:34

phil1993 wrote:
second that :thumbsup: :cheezy:
i too second that !!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Mar 2008, 18:37

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
phil1993 wrote:lewis hamilton should do better, one reason for his poor performance in Malaysia was that his water bottle stopped working early in the race
Well, that's one reason, but major reason was that he didn't get good setups for his car at whole weekend, tuote from barrichello and 2006 Australian GP: "I'm struggling like a pig" And Lewis just did that in Malaysia. (Hope he will struggle in Bahrain too)

Yes they will, and they will be stronger than what they were in Malaysia. THey will show that they are indeed that half a second faster in lap than McLarens, which is what Trulli predicted.
Hope so.
They will be very close to McLaren, could beat one of them. (Hope it is Hamilton)
Will there be rain?
Not again, but first time in this year: Lewis Hamilton! !yahoo: Would be good to drop that guy back to the ground. His success is gone up to his head.
Come on! That was 2004 and totally different car! And if ha has to come from last place from the grid he aint gonna win and you know that. Ferrari's are just too fast to McLarens to catch from back of the grid. (Though, I believe that Ferrari is faster than McLaren. In race distance, And don't try to compare to Australian GP! That GP doesn't work as comparing GP. 1: Ferrari's had to drive in jam all the race, and McLarens had clean track. Also, in Malaysia, Heikki were only McLaren driver who had that clean track in front of him and he continiously losed that half a second to second to Ferraris in one lap. Remember that. You should also remember, that all teams are using same ECU, and McLaren is only team to know that optimal place to it in the car.
Trulli's statement might be applicable well for Malaysia / Bahrain since that's where both Ferrari & Toyota tested their cars. But that doesn't make the car the fastest one in all the circuits. This looks more like a repeat of the last year to me. Mclaren were slow in Bahrain / Malaysia but then when moved to North America and Canada, they came out strong and headed with some good results to Europe ...

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Mar 2008, 18:42

No way !! Mclaren and BMW will give them a run for their money ...

Yeah he would if his team mate, mclaren & bmw guys have some trouble with their car resting on the hope that he can manage to stay on the track ...

They are going to challenge everybody for a pole / race win ... remember the fastest lap in malaysia came from Nick ...

Will there be rain?
Not in a desert ...

I think it depends on the driver does the mistake in Turn 8 of this track ... he can take out anyone to the barriers !!

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 28 Mar 2008, 22:37

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:

Hope so.
Will there be rain?
That doesn't make the perfomance bad and I think if you watched the first Grand Prix of this season you should know anything can happen. And we just have to see who is standing where you cant predict. I mean wintertesting was a couple a months a go things change so you dont know who is good in Bahrain and who aint.

And I dont know where the fuck your getting it from that his succes is gone to his head. From all people he just stays normal, you just can handle it cuz the chassis of his car aint Red but Silver fool.

palmer
car driver
car driver

Post by palmer » 28 Mar 2008, 22:50

Yeh I think Ferrari might benefit from their earlier test there. Even though there were reports that when they did test there they weren't in their current spec. I don't think that matters much though because they will still have tons of data at that track with the F2008 package overall, so I think they might have a little advantage

I don't know we will have to see, he was in the same position last year, only its worse this year with the goose egg he has for points. He definitely needs some sort of strong result.

I think BMW-Sauber is going to challenge for poles and victories at every track, so why not here? lol

Will there be rain?
Nah

Nakajima is always a good bet. lol
Well done is always better than well said.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Mar 2008, 23:26

I just don't know where to put Toyota this the next GP in Bahrein: Fighting with te BMWs or fighting with the Renaults :huh: :blink:
What do you expect from especially Trulli, besides a good quali, because he is the master of one lap :thumbsup: in many opinions :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Kartingchamp
car driver
car driver

Post by Kartingchamp » 28 Mar 2008, 23:29

raikko will be good
massa won't finish race
massa will crash
no rain
bmw will be on podium
flying to bahrain to see it live :)

macel
car driver
car driver

Post by macel » 29 Mar 2008, 06:28

This will be a good race to judge the reliability of the Ferrari engine. If Raikkonen finishes without problems, it's fairly safe to assume that they really have solved the problems they had in the first GP.. Raikkonen will be driving with an old engine while all other top drivers will have fresh engines under them.

rao_battula
kart driver
kart driver

Post by rao_battula » 29 Mar 2008, 10:39

I hope both Ferrari drivers Finish the race. Massa Finding confidence...KIMI finding consistency and the best would 1 - 2 results in any order.

-BSR