[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 15 Mar 2008, 04:23

Raikkonen was not allowed to attend Q2 since his car stopped on the track not managing to get the pit lane. Indeed, there was a fuel pressure problem but if he somehow had managed to reach the pit lane without taking any help from mechanics, the team would have fixed the problem, as team boss luca said.

What a shame for Ferrari. They didn't seem to be strong at all. If Kubica didn't make his mistake, he would probably take the pole. He flied over the track.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 15 Mar 2008, 04:38

Oh, man, I'm gutted right now. :cry: How much badluck can one have?
And Baldisseri said they coul have fixed the fuel pressure problem if Kimi had managed to get to the pits. That just sucks.
Guess he'll have to do it the hard way :sad: But I'm cofident he can score some good points tomorrow provided he doesn't have another technical problem. He has been through worse and still managed to do a great job in difficult conditions.

Also Massa didn't look at all as if he was challenging for pole, what the heck is going on with Ferrari? :blink:

And Alonso p12, wow, totally didn't see that one coming, but then again I didn't see Kimi having a probl either, so...

Have to say I'm very impressed with BMW. It would have probably been pole for Kubica had he not gone on the grass in that corner. But I'm not sure if they put on such a good performance because of low fuel or they are really competitive. Great job, anyway :thumbsup: Rooting for Kubi tomorrow...

Piquet jr, blah, what can you say... :tired:

Hamilton on pole. It looks good for a win, as he's only won from pole until now, so he has a good chance. Some people do have all the luck :roll::

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 15 Mar 2008, 04:40

What an eventful qualifying indeed.

Ferrari's reliability sucks. No question about that. As it was said here, they could have fixed the problem but it hit just a bit too early so that Kimi couldn't make it to the pits on his own.

The pace of Ferraris still didn't look so phenomenal. BMW was the real surprise though. Wonder what would have happened if Kubica hadn't done that mistake in Q3... :roll::

Conclusion:

- McLaren and BMW ownz
- Toro Rosso (Vettel) ownz
- Ferrari ?
- R28 sux (even worse than their last year's car even though they've concentrated on this one since last summer...)

I'd expect McLaren 1-2 with Hamilton winning. Then one of the BMWs or Massa for the 3rd place. It remains to be seen what Kimi can do.

forzasab
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by forzasab » 15 Mar 2008, 04:45

Where not going to know where everybody is until race day tomorrow.

For all we know Massa could have more fuel onboard than the others and hence put in some quicker laps while hammo, kubee and heikii are pitting for for fuel.

Keep your eye on Kimi, he's not out of it yet!!! :thumbsup:
Find the line, the speed will come.

qwertyman
kart driver
kart driver

Post by qwertyman » 15 Mar 2008, 05:04

xyneid wrote:Raikkonen was not allowed to attend Q2 since his car stopped on the track not managing to get the pit lane. Indeed, there was a fuel pressure problem but if he somehow had managed to reach the pit lane without taking any help from mechanics, the team would have fixed the problem, as team boss luca said.

What a shame for Ferrari. They didn't seem to be strong at all. If Kubica didn't make his mistake, he would probably take the pole. He flied over the track.

"fuel pressure" problem or no fuel ''hmm''
Any way if Hamilton doesn't win...
KUBICA FTW!!!

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 15 Mar 2008, 05:24

It was a fuel pressure problem. Luca Baldisseri confirmed it on ITV.

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 15 Mar 2008, 05:38

Lilellatho wrote:It was a fuel pressure problem. Luca Baldisseri confirmed it on ITV.

hahhahah yeah thats what ferrari said we all know they tell the truth all the time

i doubt tho it was fuel he was out of because he was on a hot lap and he would still need a in lap afterwards

was good to see hamilton on pole kubica was awesome alltho they say he lost 3 tenths i think he probably carried 2 tenths more speed into that corner so it was probably touch and go with hamiltons time and he didnt loose too much momentum anyways but still an awesome performance we will have to see if they are running light for tomorrow

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 15 Mar 2008, 06:23

2008 looks better and more unpredictable than 2007, if thats possible

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 15 Mar 2008, 06:47

TheBoss wrote:
marty wrote:
Lilellatho wrote:It was a fuel pressure problem. Luca Baldisseri confirmed it on ITV.

hahhahah yeah thats what ferrari said we all know they tell the truth all the time

i doubt tho it was fuel he was out of because he was on a hot lap and he would still need a in lap afterwards

was good to see hamilton on pole kubica was awesome alltho they say he lost 3 tenths i think he probably carried 2 tenths more speed into that corner so it was probably touch and go with hamiltons time and he didnt loose too much momentum anyways but still an awesome performance we will have to see if they are running light for tomorrow

Kimi is going to win

thatd be an awsome drive from what 16th hope it happens would be good to watch but likley....................

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 15 Mar 2008, 07:23

If theirs no more fuel pressure problems,then i expect kimi and massa to be stronger in the race.

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 15 Mar 2008, 07:27

HOW BOUT THAT KUBICA WITH THE POWERSLIDE IN THE LAST FLYER AND STILL MANAGES 2ND? Almost like Kimi in Silverstone 2007 in the last corner but still manages pole. Simply amazing.

I have high hopes for BMW this year. And LOL POOR ALONSO he must be real butthurt right now.

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 15 Mar 2008, 07:29

Luca Baldisseri confirmed that it was only Fuel Pressure Problems.....

So no worries prior to race...

Ferrari will be back with a bang...

Massa expected to be at the top in race conditions..

alin
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alin » 15 Mar 2008, 07:47

I wouldn't worry that much for ferrari; last year they had one problem in qualy with felipe's car, and eventualy they won both championships.

still, they were not that quick in qualy trim - this should be worrying them.