dacer
Donator
Donator

Re: 2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 17 Mar 2008, 15:40

color wrote:...
Lucky guys:
Alonso - you know why
I don't know, maybe any of SC just when he had to enter pit?

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 17 Mar 2008, 15:42

What we saw in Australia is called 'RACING'... !yahoo:
I just Hope to see more races like this one... but with a lot of drivers finishing the race!!

Great race for McLaren... but Hamilton's Race was almost like those Schumacher's races when nobody was able to compete with him... I almost not saw him on TV... And I don't like races like this... Even if I'm a McLaren's fan. It's quite better when you win when there were a lot of others guys that could have been win too!!!
I just hope a good fight for the first place in the next races.... and Hamilton and McLaren Champions at the end of the year... :cheezy: :roll::

It seems that Ferrari is a Electronic-depending team... Their performance was not even close to what we saw last year or before...
Someone said before that they were running as if it were their first race ever... and it's true. At least a couple of mistakes were like rokkie's mistakes.
It's a shame that in Italy they are talking that could have been the ECU that created all their problems... Just because it's Mclaren... I read in a newspaper that it could even be a new case like the spy-story... My question is : DID THEY WORK WITH THIS UNIT DURING THE PRE-SEASON???? :huh: I mean, They had a lot of time to solve any problem with the ECU... Just as all the rest of the teams did... why are they saying NOW that the ECU is a problem???
If you want to read that news, here is the link... it's in Italian...
http://www.repubblica.it/2008/01/motori ... ra-08.html

About the rest of the teams... many good things to say... Honda is quite better than last year, and Williams is returning where they should be... fighting for the podium. Toro Rosso and Red Bull are growing more and more... There are many things to be happy about this F1 ...
!yahoo:

And Ecclestone... please... stop asking things that can risk beautiful races and places like this one or Silverstone. :<>:
You just go where the money is... and the beautiful thing of this is the sport... not the money...

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 17 Mar 2008, 15:59

dacer wrote:
Lucky guys:
Alonso - you know why
Alonso made his own luck, he drove a faultless race and pushed that useless Renault much further than it could really go.

He was unlucky with the SC:s but in the end the fourth place he got was the best possible for him. He was lucky that Heikki messed up, but it is part of the game NOT to mess up. Drivers who do seldom win races, so it's not Alonso's luck - it's Heikki's mistake.

If we should start counting all drivers who have benefitted from others mistakes one time or another as "lucky", all drivers on the grid will win the lottery next week.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 17 Mar 2008, 16:11

Suntrek wrote:
dacer wrote:
Lucky guys:
Alonso - you know why
Alonso made his own luck, he drove a faultless race and pushed that useless Renault much further than it could really go.

He was unlucky with the SC:s but in the end the fourth place he got was the best possible for him. He was lucky that Heikki messed up, but it is part of the game NOT to mess up. Drivers who do seldom win races, so it's not Alonso's luck - it's Heikki's mistake.

If we should start counting all drivers who have benefitted from others mistakes one time or another as "lucky", all drivers on the grid will win the lottery next week.
when everythings seems to be wrong...... just keep pressing!!!!.

Alonso always push until last corner last lap. Other, one lap before thinks that all are done. It's Heikki's mistake, ok, but when another are pushing you, you can do more mistakes. And Alonso lucky by Bourdais fails. Yes, and heikki, kimi and others behind that scored one point more. As you said, it's stupid counting drivers fails. Races are races

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 17 Mar 2008, 16:16

[u][url=http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080317124523.shtml]http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080317124523.shtml[/url][/u] wrote: Gene surprised by McLaren finger trouble

Ferrari test driver Marc Gene says he is surprised that wrongly pressing the button for the pit lane speed limiter ruined McLaren newcomer Heikki Kovalainen's quest for fourth place in Australia.

Kovalainen on Sunday said he accidentally pressed the button as he tore a rip-off from his helmet visor, which undid the effort of his daring overtaking manoeuvre on Fernando Alonso.

"I was surprised," Spaniard Gene wrote in a column for the newspaper El Mundo.

Despite McLaren's denials, Gene is convinced that pressing the wrong button also caused Lewis Hamilton to slow down in the title-deciding Brazilian Grand Prix last October.

"It is incredible that McLaren still have not done anything about it after that incident cost them so dearly," he remarked.

Gene points out that Ferrari's own speed limit system can only be activated when a driver is in a low gear, not at close to top speed on a main straight, as was Kovalainen at the time of his finger trouble at Albert Park.
That is interesting indeed if McLaren managed to fail twice because of their button system. ''hmm'' Of course Heikki should have been more careful, but it would be safer to have a system that prevents accidental presses anyway. :p

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 17 Mar 2008, 16:36

dacer wrote:
Suntrek wrote:
dacer wrote:

when everythings seems to be wrong...... just keep pressing!!!!.

Alonso always push until last corner last lap. Other, one lap before thinks that all are done. It's Heikki's mistake, ok, but when another are pushing you, you can do more mistakes. And Alonso lucky by Bourdais fails. Yes, and heikki, kimi and others behind that scored one point more. As you said, it's stupid counting drivers fails. Races are races
If luck and reliability has something to do with each other we can also say Alonso was very UNlucky that the Ferrari of Kimi didn't go ka-boom in Brazil last year... :wink:

As you say, races are races and to finish first you first have to finish. There's no way getting around that.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 17 Mar 2008, 16:45

all 4 of the Ferrari engined cars retired, 3 of them with engine failures (you can't really take Vettel's engine as having done the full event), it doesnt bode well for Malaysia and Bahrain.

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 17 Mar 2008, 16:56

Suntrek wrote: He was unlucky with the SC:s but in the end the fourth place he got was the best possible for him. He was lucky that Heikki messed up, but it is part of the game NOT to mess up. Drivers who do seldom win races, so it's not Alonso's luck - it's Heikki's mistake.
yes, you are absolutely right. one driver's mistake (or bad luck) is always another driver's good fortune.
this is all I meant.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 17 Mar 2008, 17:12

WDC wrote:
no one has answered who they think was at fault. Coulthard or Massa?

it was a long heated debate between a friend and i when we were there so id lik to see other peoples interpretation.
My and my missus had a heated debate about this, i think it was massa's fault simply because coultard was infront thats is why the rear of his car ended up in the air as he went over mass'a front left wheel i dont see why coultard should pull over and let him pass he has the right to defend the corner the straight any racing line he chooses.

thats my opinion.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 17 Mar 2008, 17:21

dazmoffman wrote:
WDC wrote:

it was a long heated debate between a friend and i when we were there so id lik to see other peoples interpretation.
My and my missus had a heated debate about this, i think it was massa's fault simply because coultard was infront thats is why the rear of his car ended up in the air as he went over mass'a front left wheel i dont see why coultard should pull over and let him pass he has the right to defend the corner the straight any racing line he chooses.

thats my opinion.
+1

I think coulthard was infront. Massa, after his mistakes, and after overtake a lot of car with any problem, he must thought coulthard let him overtake. So he didn't brake.

I don't like Massa, sorry. With this car and, who bet for him to win championship?. Maybe only brazilian.

xjacky
car driver
car driver

Post by xjacky » 17 Mar 2008, 18:53

hannibal_rising wrote:It's a shame that in Italy they are talking that could have been the ECU that created all their problems... Just because it's Mclaren... I read in a newspaper that it could even be a new case like the spy-story... My question is : DID THEY WORK WITH THIS UNIT DURING THE PRE-SEASON???? :huh: I mean, They had a lot of time to solve any problem with the ECU... Just as all the rest of the teams did... why are they saying NOW that the ECU is a problem???
If you want to read that news, here is the link... it's in Italian...
http://www.repubblica.it/2008/01/motori ... ra-08.html
Italian newspapers are paid from Ferrari, that's a matter of fact. The truth is that Ferrari knows they're not so fast as they think, so now they want to make Ferrari's fan believe that the problem is the ECU because it's from MES (and so, McLaren). That is bad-information. :<>:
Greetings from Italy, sorry for my bad English!

gruven
kart driver
kart driver

Post by gruven » 17 Mar 2008, 18:56

dazmoffman wrote:
WDC wrote:

thats my opinion.
Personally, I think Massa had position - he was at least half a car length's in on DC's side to the apex.. I usually give room if the car is up that much on the inside of a turn. Just my opinion too (and I'm no fan of Massa either)

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 17 Mar 2008, 19:26

[fact] During Winter, 3/7 simulation failed for Ferrari for some reasons. :|

Lap times :blink:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

TSuBaSa
car driver
car driver

Post by TSuBaSa » 17 Mar 2008, 19:52

Kimi surprised me with the overtaking stuff during the race...

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 17 Mar 2008, 22:10

I too do think its going to be a very good season, this year

also I wont buy too much into the limited amount of cars finishing the race due to the lack of TC..even with the aids there were still pile ups.

I did not have a chance to watch the race but did see clips of it on youtube.

I enjoyed the hamilton and rosberg jumping for joy thats what its all about competitors on the track but friends when its all done, I strongly believe after what Ron dennis and norbert, H saw from those two on their way to the interview room, there is not doubt in my mind those two will be united as silver arrow teammates in couple of years from now.. thats a mix that will work.

I dont have a problem with hekki, he just seems boring like kimi, in the press room...mika was like that as well as times its hard to get these finish guys to smile at times, but they can race their U know what off..

More and more it seems to me like some where in Alonzo's mind he knows he has made a mistake my listening to others who influenced him to leave Mclaren. his position and points this weekend was due to all the accidents and hekki mistake,

I think the boys in red, will struggle a bit this year, due to the absence of john, T.. I don't think the rest of them really know how to motivate drivers, thus leaving me to wonder will alonzo really want to go to such place. I don't know only time will tell..

after this weekend I will have to say BMW is now a major force in F1.