[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by maltafan » 03 Mar 2008, 22:15

The first race one cannot really predict.

We are not so sure that there will be 11 teams on the grid, moreover their placing.

F1~Michi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by F1~Michi » 04 Mar 2008, 07:38

Wohooo! It's FINALLY racing time again!

I'm already excited, can't wait for the first practice session which will start in about 10 days! I think it'll be a tough battle between Ferrari and McLaren, even though I hope Heidfeld and BMW can be a podium-contender, too. But the first race is the most unpredictable one, so it'll be a surprise for us.

About the new rules: I'm sure we'll have much more overtaking due to the ban of traction control, as now the drivers will sometimes struggle to get a good exit out of the corners and the one who's driving behind him might want to use this for a pass. Also the other new rules (for example the bio fuel) look good to me, so I think we should even have a more exciting season than in 2007.

And about Formula 1 Videos in 2008: I'll capture EVERY Free Practice, Qualifying and Race + the races of the Feeder Series GP2, the Porsche Supercup and the new Formula BMW Europe. I'll also record some onboards from Premiere's new onboard channel, because since this year they're allowed to have their own director instead of the old F~0~M one (where mostly onboards were shown as we could see in the Worldfeed, too). So look forward to them! :)

Keep Racing! :shhh:
F1M's Motorsport Season 2010

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Mar 2008, 13:15

F1~Michi wrote: And about Formula 1 Videos in 2008: I'll capture EVERY Free Practice, Qualifying and Race + the races of the Feeder Series GP2, the Porsche Supercup and the new Formula BMW Europe. I'll also record some onboards from Premiere's new onboard channel, because since this year they're allowed to have their own director instead of the old F~0~M one (where mostly onboards were shown as we could see in the Worldfeed, too). So look forward to them! :)
!yahoo: Great News
About the new rules: I'm sure we'll have much more overtaking due to the ban of traction control, as now the drivers will sometimes struggle to get a good exit out of the corners and the one who's driving behind him might want to use this for a pass. Also the other new rules (for example the bio fuel) look good to me, so I think we should even have a more exciting season than in 2007.
+ there's also a new rule about if you suffer an engine failure you won't be penalised until the next time your engine fails.

Busi
Donator
Donator

Post by Busi » 04 Mar 2008, 14:01

I'm really looking forward to seeing the drivers competing without TC in the race with the whole pressure on, which is completely new and different from tests.

Kimi for an easy pole+victory in Australia, like last year really. Hoping Alonso can just make it to the top 5.
Alonso, future 5 times world champion

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 04 Mar 2008, 18:31

Busi wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing the drivers competing without TC in the race with the whole pressure on, which is completely new and different from tests.

Kimi for an easy pole+victory in Australia, like last year really. Hoping Alonso can just make it to the top 5.
Alonso doesn't stand a change against BMW´s and Williams in quali, but with good race tactics he might get some points.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 05 Mar 2008, 00:44

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
Busi wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing the drivers competing without TC in the race with the whole pressure on, which is completely new and different from tests.

Alonso doesn't stand a change against BMW´s and Williams in quali, but with good race tactics he might get some points.
AFAIK Renault - unlike most of the other teams - haven't done any qualy simulations in the pre-season testing, so how can you be so sure?
Last edited by Suntrek on 05 Mar 2008, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

qwertyman
kart driver
kart driver

Re: GO>>> 2008 FORMULA 1 ING AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Post by qwertyman » 05 Mar 2008, 00:47

AzShadow wrote:
zack wrote:
If schumi attends every race that will increase Massa's luck
And bad luck for Kimi. :P I think Kimi had a bad race everytime last season when Schumi was watching at the Ferrari pits. :tired:
I think Kimi and Alonso are Michael Schumacher split in two
Kimi has the bad luck but is super quick and Alonso has his success

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 05 Mar 2008, 14:07

iceman1 wrote:+ there's also a new rule about if you suffer an engine failure you won't be penalised until the next time your engine fails.
Well, what I know is that the team will not be penalized for its "first" engine change in the season provided that it would be a terminal case (or whatever the wording).

So, I couldn't understant "your" rule change :)
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

aksbond
car driver
car driver

Post by aksbond » 05 Mar 2008, 15:28

i think Kimis gonna be on top again... Flag:## !yahoo:

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 05 Mar 2008, 16:06

Suntrek wrote: AFAIK Renault - unlike most of the other teams - haven't done any qualy simulations in the pre-season testing, so how can you be so sure?
Actually they have done at least some quali laps as Alonso was doing them in some tests for the delight of the Spanish crowd.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 05 Mar 2008, 20:22

AzShadow wrote:
Suntrek wrote: AFAIK Renault - unlike most of the other teams - haven't done any qualy simulations in the pre-season testing, so how can you be so sure?
Actually they have done at least some quali laps as Alonso was doing them in some tests for the delight of the Spanish crowd.
True, but that was with the old crappy R27, not the R28.... :cheezy:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 Mar 2008, 21:07

xyneid wrote:
iceman1 wrote:+ there's also a new rule about if you suffer an engine failure you won't be penalised until the next time your engine fails.
Well, what I know is that the team will not be penalized for its "first" engine change in the season provided that it would be a terminal case (or whatever the wording).

So, I couldn't understant "your" rule change :)
Your first engine change is free but every other one will be punished as usual. FIA have said it's only for legitimate changes.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Mar 2008, 18:24

Looks like Premiere may have a new layout for there Multi-Feed channel this year

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 07 Mar 2008, 02:12

SUP FOLKS IM BACK

2008 Season is finally here! Let the sh|t talking begin one again!!

I enjoyed last season very much and even though I was very impressed with the way Kimi beat both Mclaren drivers. This season is going to be very exciting I imagine! With Lewis and now HEIKKI in mclaren. Kimi and massa, and of course, our newly humbled has been champion, Fernando He is now is a c**p car and it's going to be so funny watching Heikki pass him on the track HA.

If Alonso is a true winner then he must turn Renault around this season. it'll prove why he is #1. Unless his rookie teamate Piquet destroys him in a big upset. Which will then be quite embarassing.

I am going to enjoy debating with all of you again as this fantastic season draws near. Let the good times roll.