2008 Prediction Competition - Rules.

What points system do you prefer?

Poll ended at 08 Mar 2008, 21:31

Guessing the top 3 will give you more points than the rest
30%
Guessing the last 4 will give you more points than the rest
10%
Each correct placing in the top 8 should give the same amount of points.
60%

Total votes: 10

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 Prediction Competition - Rules.

Post by Ali » 24 Mar 2008, 21:45

Busi wrote:Just a couple of things to you, maltafan:

First, after making some recounts of the Malaysia results I guess it was considered that there was NO accident. However I thought the Glock-Nakajima incident would have been considered an accident. My question is, which is the criteria that makes you decide if a race incident is considered an "accident" for this predictions game? For example, that one or more of the drivers has to retire, that at least a driver has to pit due to the crash, etc.

Then I'd want to ask you if you could post the race results in the same first post where you put the betting results, so that if we wanna check what we guessed and what we didn't, we don't have to go and look for who was (for example) the first to pit, how many teams got to Q3, etc. Thanks in advance :)
Great point. I would like to add one more thing: Do the first pit stop question seek for driver name or team?
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 07 Apr 2008, 21:29

Busi wrote:Just a couple of things to you, maltafan:

First, after making some recounts of the Malaysia results I guess it was considered that there was NO accident. However I thought the Glock-Nakajima incident would have been considered an accident. My question is, which is the criteria that makes you decide if a race incident is considered an "accident" for this predictions game? For example, that one or more of the drivers has to retire, that at least a driver has to pit due to the crash, etc.

Then I'd want to ask you if you could post the race results in the same first post where you put the betting results, so that if we wanna check what we guessed and what we didn't, we don't have to go and look for who was (for example) the first to pit, how many teams got to Q3, etc. Thanks in advance :)
So, Busi
An accident is a contact, not necessarily with another car (could be the wall) where at least 1 car cannot continue the race or needs attention. I cannot remember the Glock - Nakajima accident at the moment. I will look into it and get back to you.

Ok, I will post the right answers

Re Xyneid question, it refers to a driver, not a team.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 07 Apr 2008, 21:35

maltafan wrote: Re Xyneid question, it refers to a driver, not a team.
Thanks.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 08 Apr 2008, 19:24

@maltafan
if possible you should post correct prediction answers with result...
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 09 Apr 2008, 19:28

yes, will start doing that from next GP